Selling Legal Pot In L.C.B.O. Makes Alot Of Sense. Premier Says. NF

fish_fishburn

• 1 month later...

Most of my homies in Alaska partake of the herb.

Most smoke it quite a bit and they don't remind me of Cheech & Chong at all.

They are pretty darn normal in fact.

Well, most of them. ;)

​It has been legal do have up to an ounce in possession there for quite a long time and now it is completely legal and going to be taxed like other sins. :whistling:

• 1 month later...

So Toronto police just busted 43 dispensaries here in Toronto.

Easy for them. Not impressive.

Have worst case of MS(wheelchair bound) and chronic severe post-surgery back pain, but don't smoke stuff.

Edible cannabis oil helps kills pain. Friend with cancer gives me her oil product(she doesn't use), the cannabis oil kills pain better than opiates.

Not impressed by these easy busts.

So Toronto police just busted 43 dispensaries here in Toronto.

Easy for them. Not impressive.

Have worst case of MS(wheelchair bound) and chronic severe post-surgery back pain, but don't smoke stuff.

Edible cannabis oil helps kills pain. Friend with cancer gives me her oil product(she doesn't use), the cannabis oil kills pain better than opiates.

Not impressed by these easy busts.

I heard stories about how some of them operate though, allowing anyone off the street to basically come in and buy. Selling prescriptions with a "doctor" over skype, etc. Some of them were pretty shady, borderline underground operations that needed to be reigned in a little bit.

I heard stories about how some of them operate though, allowing anyone off the street to basically come in and buy. Selling prescriptions with a "doctor" over skype, etc. Some of them were pretty shady, borderline underground operations that needed to be reigned in a little bit.

Yes, i agree. There sure is a shady side. Lots of goofy potheads on T.V right now.

However i don't smoke etc...but undoubtedly the medical cannabis oil gifted to me by Stage 4 cancer patient (she doesn't use) was extremely effective for extreme pain from back surgery and MS.

Hope this works out maybe L.C.B.O style...medical grade edible cannabis oil helped alleviate my severe pain.

This was done because the cops always pick the low hanging fruit first. A pregnant woman is shot sitting in a car and they don't know who did it, but can afford to send 500 cops out to bust some pot shops. What a waste of resources. The LP's lobbied hard for this and got it.

What all the licensed cannabis users should do is unite and boycott the LP's. Let them choke on their crappy pot and see how they like it. Their losing tons of money to the pot shops for the simple reason that they know what there selling and its a better product then what the LP's are providing.

I liked the big table of trophy wares they showed. TPS is a joke and I hope Tory enjoys his only term in office.

The city isn't worried about any of the charges sticking. From what I heard none of the charged had to spend the night in jail and post bail the next day. This was simply the city using their authority to take all the shops inventory and equipment so they cant do business. Some will reopen for sure but a lot will not because of financial issues caused by the raids.

The chief said it was a safety issue which caused them to do the raids. 43 shops later they found no knives,guns, swords, or brass knuckles and the cannabis is non toxic so not sure where the safety issue is.

Watching the news last night and one of the shops talked about only keeping a minimal amount of "stock" in the store, in case the cops raid them, they can't take all their product and put them out of business.

They also talked about opening shops for a short time and using multiple locations to avoid police.

HH

Seniors Now The Fastest Growing Demographic Of Cannabis Users
The 55-and-older crowd is now the fastest-growing demographic of pot users in the country.
  • twitter.png
  • facebook.png
  • reddit.png
  • google-plus.png
Medical-marijuana.jpg

Beverly Fox, who suffers from severe arthritis and an eye condition similar to glaucoma, puffs on a pipe filled with marijuana. (AP/Elaine Thompson)

As the U.S. becomes more comfortable with the end of cannabis prohibition, many of the arguments sustaining the drug war will come to be acknowledged as being the ridiculouspropaganda that they were. For example, the lie about marijuana being the gateway drug that sends a person spiraling down the path of hard drug use and criminal activity is being completely overthrown as even recreational legalization is simply not causing these problems.

Now we see another interesting phenomenon in regards to the legalization of medical marijuana. In California, where many opponents of legalization have insisted that lawful cannabis would cause the greatest spike in herb use among the state’s young people, quite the opposite is proving true, as citizens over the age of 55 are now the fastest growing demographic of pot users.

The 55-and-older crowd is now the fastest-growing demographic of pot users in the country. Between 2013 and 2014, the number increased from 2.8 million to 4.3 million. [Source]

336x280-SAV.jpg
official MintPress sponsor

Although they account for only 14% of the US population, seniors age 55 and up account for some 30% of the nation’s prescription drug use. Many of the medicines being consumed by seniors are highly addictive painkillers with seriously detrimental side effects well known to the government and the pharmaceutical industry.

As truthful knowledge of the plant’s genuine medical benefits spread, more and more seniors are turning to cannabis for assistance with the many medical complications associated with aging.

As CBS New reports, Steve DeAngelo, owner of Harborside Medical Dispensary in Oakland, has been actively promoting cannabis to seniors, with great effect, as many of his customers now are in this demographic. His intentions for promoting to this age group are actually two-fold, however; firstly to help them find healthy alternatives to dangerous to pharmaceutical drugs, and secondly because those in this age group are typically the most outspoken advocates of prohibition.

There’s [an] ironic, almost tragic phenomenon, which is that seniors, who are one of the groups who can most benefit from use of cannabis, are the single group which remains most opposed to reforming cannabis laws. – Steven DeAngelo

As with any medicine, cannabis is not without its drawbacks or risks, but legalization makes it possible for people to draw their own conclusions and make their own decisions regarding which medicines they use to care for themselves.