Selling Legal Pot In L.C.B.O. Makes Alot Of Sense. Premier Says. NF

fish_fishburn

I don't always go by scientific fact to make up my opinion on a matter. Gut feelings have saved me a few times. Gut feelings probably have a scientific basis to them too. Years of experience locked away in the brain and without recalling a specific incident you get a "gut feeling". Call it instinct, intuition or whatever.

I just think the age of majority should be 21, but that won't happen very soon. But then again I have seen more maturity from some 13 year olds than some 70 year olds but that doesn't happen often enough for me to say a 19 year old can make good decisions.

Studies already show issues with undeveloped minds.

Giving pot to 16 year olds is crazy irresponsible(i know your not for that)

Id say 25

Even drs are saying 25 unless its a neccessary situation(seizures etc)

Darkwater can you prove that comment. If smoking pot causes un developed minds to get schitzo (sp) then this disease should of increased at least 5 fold in the last 25 yrs because that's how many more youth are smoking it. I cant find any reports that say this disease has increased only that it has been about the same in the general public for about the last 40 yrs. Sorry to tell you that you don't know what your talking about. Stop the fear mongering and educate yourself. This is the only card the prohibitionists have left to their defence.

Darkwater can you prove that comment. If smoking pot causes un developed minds to get schitzo (sp) then this disease should of increased at least 5 fold in the last 25 yrs because that's how many more youth are smoking it. I cant find any reports that say this disease has increased only that it has been about the same in the general public for about the last 40 yrs. Sorry to tell you that you don't know what your talking about. Stop the fear mongering and educate yourself. This is the only card the prohibitionists have left to their defence.

There are lots of studies on pubmed mah man that show troubles with marijuana and developing minds.

The pychosis IF I remember correctly was moreso in head trauma cases where adults admitted to heavy cannabis use as teens. And similar pathways were effected in the brain that led to issues. And it was very isolated. Maybe 5 cases which is clinically insignificant to say the least

But yeah just a quick look on pubmed yeiled 2302 related studies.

But many of those are neuro protective as well.

So it clear to say this is an area not well understood

Edited by manitoubass2

Do you have any evidence to support your claim that there has been a five fold increase in pot use amongst youth in the last 25 years? It certainly was not uncommon for youth to smoke pot in the '80s. From what I understand it was even more common in the '70s. I doubt that pot use is significantly higher now than it has been over the last forty or so years. I wouldn't be surprised if it has dropped a little.

Edited by JohnBacon

I think 16 yrs is old enough. We allow kids to drive cars at 16. We also allow kids to walk into any Timmies or Starbucks and buy a coffee at any age, no id required and its more addictive than cannabis.If we make the age 21 or 25 or whatever we are not protecting that age group and the cops will be targeting that group and busting them giving them criminal records. Id should be required to purchase a Slush Puppy, say minimum 18 since your purchasing a big cup of poison

Totally agree as long as we dump the Young Offenders Act. How can you not be held accountable for your actions yet you can legally drive a car, own a firearm, etc. If you're old enough to do all that and smoke a joint then you're old enough to face the music when you screw up.

And I don't think 16 year olds are mature enough to drive a car as well. I know that as a fact, I was 16 and immature with a few thousand pounds of Chevy Impala in my control more or less. It makes me cringe thinking about the stupid things we did as children driving a car.

They make them lighter now

Hey, did you just switch sides? Weren't you arguing the opposite a few posts back when I brought the subject up? Just a fair warning that nobody is supposed to change their mind on this stuff!!!

Nope, not changing my mind at all.

Just pointing out that some studies suggest that marijuana can cause issues in a developing mind.

Just because Im pro marijuana doesnt mean I cant point out issues because they do exist

my doctor told me....is he misinformed as well?

you dont know what you are talking about friend!

Many general practitioners are ill informed. Many are good but they most often dont study these topics.

Like I stated before, I could find two cases of psychosis possibly linked to marijuana but the studies are in individals that were heavy smokers in their youth and later on had suffered an undesclosed head trauma.

So that doesnt really prove anything.

The reasons I stated that this should be atudied further and the age should be 25 is because the endocannabinoid system is barely understood and it obviously plays a crucial role within the body as other studies show that blocking this system causes cancerous tumour growths quickly.

Also, any substance that affects neuranatomy should be dealt with seriously, as major problems can arise when tinkering neurotransmittors

Many general practitioners are ill informed. Many are good but they most often dont study these topics.

Like I stated before, I could find two cases of psychosis possibly linked to marijuana but the studies are in individals that were heavy smokers in their youth and later on had suffered an undesclosed head trauma.

So that doesnt really prove anything.

The reasons I stated that this should be atudied further and the age should be 25 is because the endocannabinoid system is barely understood and it obviously plays a crucial role within the body as other studies show that blocking this system causes cancerous tumour growths quickly.

Also, any substance that affects neuranatomy should be dealt with seriously, as major problems can arise when tinkering neurotransmittors

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that smoking cigarettes causes cancer and is addictive too.

If our health and not control mattered to the government, cigarettes would have been illegal long ago.

Now that the government see's a whole bunch of money involved, its a different story

Well yeah in pure form even just nicotine ingestion would basically kill you almost intstantly.

I think its safe to say every recent study on tobacco use would deem it detrimental to ones health and well being.

Not so much is the case with marijuana and/or its components.

Anyhow, of course government and big pharma want in now.

Thats not gonna shock anyone

you guys are wasting time. All those arguments have been going on for years. It's happening the liberals have decided who will make the money. Government of course.

Small questions about brain cells,adiction, social issue time waster.

I wouldn't be too sure. Legalizing marijuana contravenes some international treaties. I wouldn't be surprised if it does not get legalized by the end this mandate. I am sure that it will eventually be legalized to some extent; but I am not sure when.

I wouldn't be too sure. Legalizing marijuana contravenes some international treaties. I wouldn't be surprised if it does not get legalized by the end this mandate. I am sure that it will eventually be legalized to some extent; but I am not sure when.

Calling bullcrap on the international treaties excuse, look at jurisdictions that have legalized it, I'm sure they are signatures to the same treaties.

When I see kids woofing gas or glue on TV the first thing in my head is send them some pot. I can ask all the woofers I knew growing up if it affected their brain but they're all dead. Wondering how pot affects a kids brain is like standing under a tornado and complaining about the rain, there is so much worse that they can get into. With totally legal pot there is a chance that people will turn away from the high test stuff and go back to the milder stuff we grew up with. Sell it on the spice rack at the grocery store.

Im sorry but I got a good laugh from the "my doctor told me" comment. Prohibition brainwashed allot of people including Doctors..They were not taught anything about cannabis nor were pharmacists. I have spoken to a couple doctors in regard to pot..One even laughed and said all that crap does is give you them munchies.. Its a shame but yup Doctors dont know any more then anyone on here right now..There is a use for this plant in medicine like it or not..Im also all for recreational use if its regulated and taxed.