Rustproofing - NF

cuzza

Afternoon all,

Just been out switching tyres and giving the car ('08 CRV) the once over and notice some rust underneath, nothing major, mostly on the subframes and suspensions arms and I'd like to nip it in the bud. Krown seems to be popular but I don't want holes drilled all over the place just the underside of the car done. If they spray inside the doors surely it gets on the seals and onto the windows?

Any suggestions? Will Krown just do the underside (I know, I should call them :) ) - just wondering what options are out there.

Cheers,

Richard

I use Krown too

Very happy.

As Lew said the plastic plugs they put in the holes look good.

I hear going down a dusty gravel road after the spraying is a good idea. The dust sticks to the spray and slows down its loss.

You can also buy a few cans of Krown or Rust Check and spray the underside yourself

Thanks guys, knew this was the right place to ask :good: - I'll give my local place a call and get it done

An 08, if rust is showing does rustproofing really help?

I have a Jeep Compass 07 and they have a problem I didn't know or was advised of. But then it was used when purchased in 2010. Manufactured won't even tell!

The AC hose is NOT long enough to drip condensation onto the pavement and it drops it on the frame which in time starts to rust! This was pointed out to me by my mechanic! I fixed that during my oil change.

I have now extend the hose, but is it too late? Replacing the parts may run $2000 if needed.

Just a bad design for about 6 inches of hose!, I would look at this configuration on other cars, maybe the same. It's a free fix if you have some plastic hose, a clamp and screwdriver.

I have been using Krown for the last 20 years, none of my vehicles have a spot of rust.

They do drill some holes necessary to apply the product, but only what is required and cover them with plastic plugs. It does drip for a couple of days, but thats why it works so well by creeping in all the small cracks and crevices,

One thing I noticed with Krown, it all depends on the franchise, most are really good and spray what and where it is needed and just the right amount,

I know at least one in T.O area where they over spray on the parts where it does more bad than good.

Overall, it is a very good product and it works really well.

It is a good idea to spray your vehicle if it has started to show any sign of rust and you are planning to keep it for a long time, Krown will slow down or stop the process.

I have used both Krown and Rust Check, and I would very much recommend Krown in terms of quality of product, application and price. Krown was cheaper, faster, application was more thorough (even cleaned up my engine bay, made it look brand new!) and I was able to watch them do the deed while I had a coffee. Surface frame rust on an 08 is nothing to worry about, surprised you didn't get any sooner considering you haven't got it sprayed yet, but I would definitely start this year.

No need to worry about the holes. Ive used Krown for a few years and find it works well. I prefer that it drip especially away from seams that love to hold salt and grit. Have the truck done every other fall for $120 all in.

Edited by moxie

Just so you are aware, the guys at Krown go through some pretty intensive training, on how to drill as little as possible (not the line guys, but the owner/operator usually and/or who is selected from the shop). They are trained on the in's/out's of vehicles - where the best spot to drill is - and then based on feedback from owners and franchise owners, will adjust.

(Full reveal - My Brother Inlaw owns a Krown).

So while there is some drilling - it is usually pretty minimal - and as others chime in, has little impact to the car itself.

Does anybody have experience with the electronic rust inhibitors? That is what Toyota uses for their rust protection now.

If a vehicle had an electronic rust inhibitor, would getting it sprayed add to the protection? Or, could the spray actually interfere with the electronic equipment.

Does anybody have experience with the electronic rust inhibitors? That is what Toyota uses for their rust protection now.

If a vehicle had an electronic rust inhibitor, would getting it sprayed add to the protection? Or, could the spray actually interfere with the electronic equipment.

From what I understand those electronic devices are junk, more of a gimmick than anything, and are not recommended at all.

Cheers