3 Days, 3 Boats, 3 Lakes...weekend Report

MuskyBill

I had decided to take 6B's to see my marine guy for Winterization on Saturday, but with the awesome weather we had, how could I pass up another run at The Bog before I dropped 'er off?

So, I arrived at the Port Perry launch, & quickly noticed 4 things, right away.

1. A boat out in the middle of the lake, presumably fishing???

2. A boat at the launch.

3. The Gov't dock has already been removed.

4. These guys...

LastBogtrip001Small.jpg

When I got out of my truck, one of them asked what I planning on doing. I told him I just wanted to run up the lake to blow out the carbon & crud in the motor before she gets stored for a while.

"No problem", he says, & asked if I needed any room to back down the ramp. "Nope, I'm ok, but what are those guys doing out there?" I asked.

"We're about to find out" he replied. The C.O.'s had just called them in for a few questions.

SO, it turns out, the boat at the shore got dinged for fishing OOS. Buddy was taking his nephew out for a day, & thought The Bog was still open!

It also turned out, the boat in the middle had THREE brainiacs fishing OOS!!!

In 5 minutes, 4 (four) charges, $240 each.....not too shabby for a days work!

Once I was in the water, I realized one more thing. Most of the lake had ice on it....

LastBogtrip003Small.jpg

I had to go pretty far before I could find enough open water to open 'er up!

LastBogtrip011Small.jpg

LastBogtrip010Small.jpg

Once opened up, I quickly found out that I couldn't make it up the lake. Way too much ice to break....

LastBogtrip015Small.jpg

Anyways, after a few minutes of wasting gas, I pulled out & dropped 6B's off at the mechanics, & found parking right beside out2llunge's vessel....

LastBogtrip017Small.jpg

Sunday was met with more fantastic weather, but what was I gonna do? I had dropped the boat off!

Fortunately, I still have some friends that still have their boats 'in season'.

With the low-wind conditions, a plan was concocted to hit Lake O, near the Plant. I used to fish it from shore, about 12 years ago, but I'd never fished it from a boat.

Frenchman's Bay like glass...

NukePlant002Small.jpg

Heading out on the big Lake....

NukePlant003Small.jpg

Well, I had to resort to my old 'shore techniques', but it seemed they still work...

NukePlant007Small.jpg

Even at night, the Sheepies like their minnows!

NukePlant014Small.jpg

Because of a work-related schedule, I ended up getting the next few Monday's off, but will have to make up for it on Saturdays.... :glare:

So, when I got home on Sunday night, I was excited to see my buddy Graham had his friend Frank from work cancel on him, last minute like, & an opening was created for another trip to The BoQ, for monster 'eyes.

When I got to his place @ 5:00am on Monday, he was just getting off the phone with his other buddy Keith who was ALSO cancelling...so, it was us against the Bay.

Here's where we stayed last weekend, & probably where I'll stay in the future. Fantastic breakfast!

BoQ2005Small.jpg

We blasted out of Picton, heading towards the cement plant for the 2-line thingy....KIDDING Wayne!!!

BoQ2001Small.jpg

Once past the ferry, we set out our puny 4-rod spread. Once the spread is out, in goes the sock...

BoQ2016Small.jpg

I'm really diggin' the planer board stuff. It's really foreign to me, but everytime one gets clipped onto the line, it's like sending a soldier out to do battle....

BoQ2010Small.jpg

Ya know what they say, find the bait...

BoQ2017Small.jpg

.....find the fish.... B)

BoQ2012Small.jpg

Gotta love the smile! Graham's becoming quite the BoQ guy, his boat always sees success!

We had quite a hard time with one particular bait. Every now & then. the reel would do it's 'zzzz zz zzzzz z zz' thing, but there was never a fish on the other end!??!!

We wondered if maybe the fish were just getting off, or maybe after a while, the bait would go 'off track'. Who knows, who cares, we found fish.

We were also surprised with the boat pressure out there for a Monday!

Doesn't anyone work anymore.... ;)

Nice read Bill.

Tis a sad sad day when you have to put your boat to rest. A moment of silence would be a nice gesture.

Some nice shots you got too.

Good to see the CO's out an about. Tis nice to see them there 240.00 tickets.

Edited by Ron

Wow, you really get around there Bill. Nice bunch of pictures.

Those sheepies put up a decent scrap, especially when caught flatlining. :o

Maybe i'll see you out on some lake again, who knows where. B)

The internet makes for a small world...

The guy that you saw get busted talked about it on Andy's site. Here is the link:Musky Striker

cheers,

ehg

Guest mistyriver1

Nice report Billy. :thumbsup_anim: Good to hear of some CO's doing their stuff.

Tough to see 6B's going for a winter slumber :(

Oh well, perchin on Simcoe isn't far away. Me and jr are looking forward to hooking up with you on the hard water. ;)