'Old Stock' Canadians?

SirCranksalot

It might help us if we looked at it with a different perspective. These people are not crossing the sea in rickety boats because they want to live in Europe or North America. They are doing it because they can no longer live in their homeland. We should be addressing the issues that cause wars, and cause people to flee.

It isn't easy to look at an even larger and more complex situation, but sooner or later we must.

My biggest issue with Canadian politics is the lack of being able to decline your ballot and having it mean something.

I don't think there is any party worth voting for in this election, but if one declines their ballot it just gets lumped in with all other ballots that were not counted (i.e. spoiled etc.). In the US declined ballots are counted as that and it sends a message that those who declined fell there is no one worthy of their vote.

As such I will be voting for anyone but the big three as I don't like any of their platforms.

Would have voted NDP until Mulclair said he would make it a priority to reinstate the long gun registry!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

What a moron!!!! The Libs already wasted $2 billion so lets waste some more!!! :angry:

My biggest issue with Canadian politics is the lack of being able to decline your ballot and having it mean something.

I don't think there is any party worth voting for in this election, but if one declines their ballot it just gets lumped in with all other ballots that were not counted (i.e. spoiled etc.). In the US declined ballots are counted as that and it sends a message that those who declined fell there is no one worthy of their vote.

As such I will be voting for anyone but the big three as I don't like any of their platforms.

Would have voted NDP until Mulclair said he would make it a priority to reinstate the long gun registry!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

What a moron!!!! The Libs already wasted $2 billion so lets waste some more!!! :angry:

I dont think voting in the US even matter anymore lol.

Remember the scandel with dead people voting???

They also have the electoral college or whatever its called(something like that anyhow)

Im with ya on the gun registry.

Who was it that even started that nonsense? And how did it ever come to pass???

Unless your a criminal or mentally unstable why would anyone need to register a firearm???

yeah, the US is a clusterfunk to be sure. Ironically, with the GOP polling the guy getting the most support from the *thinks they're* hard right wing types is The Donald, who aside from being a loud mouthed schnook actually has some pretty progressive policies he'd supposedly like to push. Unfortunately for them, even the Democrats are further right wing than the Canadian Conservatives, and the one guy who could pull them back, Bernie Sanders, doesn't have enough of a household name to gain any traction in the primaries. Of course everyone's heard of "Clinton" and "Trump" so of course they would poll as the favourites. I just thank god I don't have to put up with that dog and pony show type politics. But that's enough of my American rant - I know there are a few Americans on this board and don't want to start anything :)

yeah, the US is a clusterfunk to be sure. Ironically, with the GOP polling the guy getting the most support from the *thinks they're* hard right wing types is The Donald, who aside from being a loud mouthed schnook actually has some pretty progressive policies he'd supposedly like to push. Unfortunately for them, even the Democrats are further right wing than the Canadian Conservatives, and the one guy who could pull them back, Bernie Sanders, doesn't have enough of a household name to gain any traction in the primaries. Of course everyone's heard of "Clinton" and "Trump" so of course they would poll as the favourites. I just thank god I don't have to put up with that dog and pony show type politics. But that's enough of my American rant - I know there are a few Americans on this board and don't want to start anything :)

If voting mattered in the US, the people lost out big time not voting in RON Paul(not rand)

In canada i honestly dont know who to vote for? They are all just schills and businessmen.

We need someone that isnt corperate affiliated and ACTUALLY loves this country

This isnt the old days my friend.

The government is nothing but a corperate mask.

It wont change till we vote with guns.

See my post on NATO, and you can include the UN in there too.

You see saudi arabia is now the UN head of humans rights panel??? They behead people for crying out loud.

Governments in almost every country have WAY overstepped the boundries.

I believe that if you hand your ballot back to the electoral official and say "I refuse this ballot", it has to be counted as a refused ballot, not lumped in with the others.

Edited by Dave Bailey

yessir! I'll be doing the same!

Beore I go to the polling booth to mark my ballot I ask these questions.

Am I better or worse off than before the last election?

Is it about the same?

Has there been any change for the better or worse?

Has the previous party or elected leader made any big mistakes that effect my family today?

Then I always think about " better the Devil you know than the Devil you don't".

I called on my member for Parliament to help in an issue I was having with my CPP. Her office came through for me, quickly. That carries weight for me.

Whose money had how does it help the party of their choice? Only individuals, not corporations or organizations, can donate to a federal party or candidate.

How do globalists and or monarchy help a party win?

Didn't you know? The Globalists and monarchy are a race of shapeshifting Aliens that control our governments and minds with chem trails!