2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

I wonder how long it will be before they lose the pick, trade him or he asks to be traded??

:clapping::blahblah1:

Ahhh for once its not the leafs that have sour grapes... :D jealousy at its best on display now!

Ahhh for once its not the leafs that have sour grapes... :D jealousy at its best on display now!

Actually I think it's rather comical how all the laffites get giddy over a draft pick. But I guess if your team has given you nada, ziltch, nothing, zippo in the last 50 years (not a typo) lol :clapping: then anything is worth getting excited over!

:whistling:

I wonder how long it will be before they lose the pick, trade him or he asks to be traded??

I saw a video phone call with him yesterday, think he was in Europe, he definitely wasn't ecstatic or jumping for joy, not sure if it was after the draft results, maybe he doesn't want to start his career with a loser.

Edit : this is the clip I saw, you can see the excitement on his face and in his voice

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/matthews-feeling-mixed-emotions-draft-lottery/?row=0&row_id=1617477

Edited by dave524

I saw a video phone call with him yesterday, think he was in Europe, he definitely wasn't ecstatic or jumping for joy, not sure if it was after the draft results, maybe he doesn't want to start his career with a loser.

Why would anyone want to start their career with a loser? And the laffs certainly set the bar in that department.

Can Ottawa fans even name a player that will be picked around 9th? Oh wait. I heard Ottawa believes the second time is a charm and will once again draft Jarrod Cowan with their 9th overall pick.

Serious question time for leaf fans. Phenoix comes to you and says they will give you Dylan Strome, Omar Exman Larsson and the 7th overall pick for the first pick. Do you make the trade?

"To me, it doesn't matter. I just want to play in the NHL, so wherever that may be, it would be a tremendous honor either way."

Yup, sounds like he's thrilled alright. I think that is his way of saying "Oh s__t he we go!" Maybe he'll pull off a Lindros :clapping:

Actually I think it's rather comical how all the laffites get giddy over a draft pick. But I guess if your team has given you nada, ziltch, nothing, zippo in the last 50 years (not a typo) lol :clapping: then anything is worth getting excited over!

:whistling:

I don't seem to recall Ottawa winning any cups either.

You mean like Bryan Berard or Alexi Yashin?

Edited by JohnBacon

Can Ottawa fans even name a player that will be picked around 9th? Oh wait. I heard Ottawa believes the second time is a charm and will once again draft Jarrod Cowan with their 9th overall pick.

Serious question time for leaf fans. Phenoix comes to you and says they will give you Dylan Strome, Omar Exman Larsson and the 7th overall pick for the first pick. Do you make the trade?

I would do that I think, OEM is franchise cornerstone material Dylan strome I'm sure would love to come home and at 7th I dont know exactly who would be available but still would be a quality player

you don't even consider the trade.

not even for a second.

the old leafs - maybe. Not our current Leafs!!

Marner, Nylander ... Once we draft Austin Matthews, we will have the best young core in the entire league.

Best time to be a Leafs fan since 1993.

All I can say is thank God I'm not an Ottawa fan! That is a disaster of a team! A bunch of overpaid underachieving losers who sucked bad enough to miss the playoffs and get their coach fired yet managed to make sure they got a lousy draft pick. Pierre Dorion and the Ottawa Sun referred to their effort as a "Brutal display"!!! That's gotta hurt!
Ottawa is right where Toronto was 6 years ago. Sad!! I'll bet it wasn't the Ottawa executive team out celebrating last night.
Matthews, Nylander, and Marner is a great start to a rebuild.

Looks like it's time for all the Ottawa " fans" who used to be Leaf fans to start looking for another team to bestow their shallow support on. It's going to be a looooooooooooong drought of disappointment in Ottawa.

Go Leafs Go!!

Sens Still Suck!!!

Edited by grimsbylander

Why would anyone want to start their career with a loser? And the laffs certainly set the bar in that department.

I don't know.

Why don't you ask Patrick Kane, Sidney Crosby, etc.

They were 1st over all picks ad were drafted by losing teams.

Actually almost all 1st overalls went to losing teams because that' how the system works.

Maybe the Sens will win next year. :whistling:

Well matt is a genius as history suggests with all his posts and especially because he is a sens fan, an obviously superior team to 29 others which is why they have so many stanley cups and their captain and number one defenseman is a minus player over his career a -21 great defense!

Edited by Lucas F

Just remember , this is the first thing the Leafs have won in almost 50 years and it's because they had the the worst record period. Not something to be very proud of.

As for a great young core for the future, the Oilers have that sewn up. Ahhhhh what happened there?

Austin Matthes ain't no Crosby,Kane or McDavid. Sure he's good, but not that good.

Don't count your Leafs before they fall.

Just my 2 cents.

Just remember , this is the first thing the Leafs have won in almost 50 years and it's because they had the the worst record period. Not something to be very proud of.

As for a great young core for the future, the Oilers have that sewn up. Ahhhhh what happened there?

Austin Matthes ain't no Crosby,Kane or McDavid. Sure he's good, but not that good.

Don't count your Leafs before they fall.

Just my 2 cents.

If you reference the oilers as making good decisions with their picks you are delusional, the management went against their scouts suggestions in the drafts and that is why they are where they are.

Picking the best player in the draft doesn't mean your team gets better if you still have glaring deficiencies on your roster.

Lucas , please read my previous post carefully. I think you put much more into it than what was said.

The Oilers will get to the cup before the Leafs. Count on it. When you are at the bottom it's a looooooong way back up, especially when every other team is trying to the same thing. As typical Leafs fans, I have heard this from so many other over 40 years. I will take a lot more than one #1 pick to change that. That's what I was saying in my previous post.

To even suggest otherwise is (in your words) , "delusional".

muddler

I'd take that bet that the oilers get to the cup before the leafs. It may not be in our lifetime but the oilers have made some poor poor decisions and the worst part is they refuse to own up to them. They could have built a decent team by trading some of their big name players but refuse to for some reason.

As long as the Oilers have Hall, Nugent-H, Eberle and No-goal-Apov, they aren't going anywhere.

(And I mean all 4 of them. I think they should keep 2 and move the other two for their areas of need.)

Edited by jeremy84

Lucas , please read my previous post carefully. I think you put much more into it than what was said.

The Oilers will get to the cup before the Leafs. Count on it. When you are at the bottom it's a looooooong way back up, especially when every other team is trying to the same thing. As typical Leafs fans, I have heard this from so many other over 40 years. I will take a lot more than one #1 pick to change that. That's what I was saying in my previous post.

To even suggest otherwise is (in your words) , "delusional".

muddler

I don't think edmonton gets a cup before the leafs, the current administration hasn't in their history (chiarelli) shown restraint when it comes to free agents and signings fiscally, and thats why he got the boot from the bruins, his reluctance to strip this roster back is also another failing in my eyes, too many 6 million dollar contracts from the previous regime, with guys who can't be 'the guy' though McDavid will be that guy eventually and sooner than later but as you said one #1 pick does not make a team Edited by Lucas F

I had to laugh at all my buddies assuming the leafs make the playoffs next year because we got 1st pick hahaha.

Its great, dont get me wrong. But unless some miracle happens we are still 3-4 years away IMO and thats IF management keeps making sound decisions and the coaching stays positive

The Leafs won't make the playoffs next year and who'd want them too?? More picks and young player development is part of the Shanaplan.

Edmonton in front of Toronto? Maybe, but that team and management is an embarrassment to themselves. There on their 4th superstar and still doing horrible. I'd put my money on the exec team in Toronto to make the difference.

Sens Still Suck

I had to laugh at all my buddies assuming the leafs make the playoffs next year because we got 1st pick hahaha.

Its great, dont get me wrong. But unless some miracle happens we are still 3-4 years away IMO and thats IF management keeps making sound decisions and the coaching stays positive

Agreed, 4-5 in my eyes to be contending for the cup if the course is as we hope it to be