2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

It looks like only 27 players voted. The article below mentioned that he received 30% of the votes; then later mentions that he received 8 votes. And when Phaneuf was voted the most overrated... it was because he received all of the three votes. Obviously there is not much participation from the players in these votes.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/penguins-phil-kessel-the-most-overrated-player-according-to-player-poll/

Edmonton is really starting to piss me off.

Yuuuuuuup! How can you be that bad.... Seriously I'm praying the leafs lose the rest of the season and Edmonton wins just one, that's all we need to secure first but how on earth are they even in the position they're in...

Edmonton and Toronto have the same number of points, but Edmonton has more wins, doesn't that give the first overall to Toronto if they both lose out the season?

All the teams still go in the draft lottery, nobody secures first pick based on standings you only better your odds a bit by taking a dive.

Edited by G.mech

Edmonton and Toronto have the same number of points, but Edmonton has more wins, doesn't that give the first overall to Toronto if they both lose out the season?

Edmonton has played one more game than TO @ this point.

That's why they are 30th.

If Edmonton comes in 29th or 28th and they still win the lottery are they just going to toss the rest of the envelopes up in frustration?

In all honesty, if Edmonton wins I can see an 'Oilers clause' being put in place where you can't win the #1 pick two years in a row.

Actually I think that once you win the #1 pick the team should be pulled from the #1 drawing for 5 years.

Heck if they were just pulled for one year they still have the chance of winning 3 out of 5 years which is really not much off what Edmonton has done with 4 wins in the last 6 years.

I agree with not picking 1st two years in a row, but what happens to their potential pick at that spot? Say they leave the odds as it is and if its them that comes up first should they toss it so the odds aren't changed or what algorithm do they then use as odds are a tricky thing to get right to please all parties