2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

I don't care what the Leafs do next year, I'm hoping to see them be a contender in 3-4 years. As for Edmonton? Look at what they've done with their first round picks, lol they suck.

Honestly the oilers just look like chickens with their heads cut off, no set direction or philosophy in place, what the leafs need to focus on in this draft is a goaltender also

lots of edmonton bashing...does everyone forget that mcdavid only played half the season and at his pace would have been 4th in scoring if he played a full season?

Chillllll

Their defence sucks, but so does Toronto's

Their goaltending is some of the worst in the league...but so is toronto's

give it time people.

Go Leafs Go as well!

Edited by AKRISONER

lots of edmonton bashing...does everyone forget that mcdavid only played half the season and at his pace would have been 4th in scoring if he played a full season?

Chillllll

Their defence sucks, but so does Toronto's

Their goaltending is some of the worst in the league...but so is toronto's

give it time people.

Go Leafs Go as well!

Edmonton Has had 3 first overall picks in the last....... 5 years? To say that McDavid is their saviour is a little ridiculous when they had Hall, Hopkins and Yakopov. Edmonton has bad D because they refused to draft or trade for D. I know goalies are a little bit more difficult to draft (see DiPietro) but Edmonton has done nothing to address the problems their teams have. They just keep hoping their young stars will one day 'Get it' and they will outscore other teams 10-8.

I like Edmonton, I do. I used to live there and got to catch a few games live. Its all the more reason that I'm angry with the nonchalant attitude they are taking to rebuilding the franchise.

I don't think he is tied to them past the length of this contract as he signed with them as a free agent, also he went undrafted in the KHL, regardless its because of his age he was signed to a 1 year ELC, had he been 25 he wouldn't need to be on one.

Either way the leafs pick they get a great player, though matthews being a center is the odds on choice, you can't trade for that kind of player without giving up serious future prospects,picks or current greats

Have to say I'm a bit surprised that no laff fans have commented on Kessel going to the big show. I guess it's a tough pill to swallow. I also have to imagine he gets on his knees several times a day and says thanks for getting traded out of laff land lol

:clapping::whistling:

Have to say I'm a bit surprised that no laff fans have commented on Kessel going to the big show. I guess it's a tough pill to swallow. I also have to imagine he gets on his knees several times a day and says thanks for getting traded out of laff land lol

:clapping::whistling:

Why? Him playing well assured that Toronto would get Pittsburg's 2016 first round pick to go along with their first round pick from 2014. The trade also freed up cap room to help the rebuild.

Even if his success did sting a little; it would be more than offset by the fact they were able to unload Phaneuf...

Happy for him, I have nothing but praise for the guy as I'm sure you all know haha, I loved listening to the interview after they clinched he was giddy like a young kid it was what you watch hockey for. And on the other hand you have David backes tearing up when they were eliminated and telling how Ott gave him something to make him feel better fully knowing backes would be bumping him in the lineup if he was able to play, a lot of heart is being shown in these playoffs