I knew the risks.....

Gerritt

Well, day 12...... I can honestly say these have been the toughest 12 days I have ever had to endure... Today I was told I'm looking at another 3 weeks or more.....uhmmmmm I don't think so!!

So beside flirting with the nurses and other around the floor and spending time with visitors somehow I managed to get my therapy I'm there as well.... Two sessions 1 hour each session. The girls are awesome! And as much as they push me.... I push them as well.... They say we're done! I say no were Not one more!

Well I thought I pass this along, it took a ton of work to get to this point.... And still a lot of wo

A head of me.... But it's one hell of a good start.

http://vid129.photobucket.com/albums/p224/gerritt_2006/Mobile%20Uploads/trim.9A385791-1005-4F2E-B8E4-B5A435A31D13.mp4

G

Hey Gerritt, it's not going to be easy and it's going to take a while, but you seem to be a guy who will accept the challenge and be successful in your recovery. Satisfying the PT folks and asking for more is a good road to travel.

Check Gunny's Rules, written by R. Lee Ermey. You're probably already living must of what he writes.

Don't allow the disease to see you hurting. Attack it and make it go away. Don't miss a day, even after you're at home on your own.

You have a lot going for you.

What a difference time and hard work makes, 2-3 hours in the gym a day, combined with extensive exercises in my room have helped tremendously.

While I am still wheel chair bound for now, things have improved. I'm still shaky and lose my balance the odd time here and there, but even those things are improving. Hopefully I'll get back to 90% mobility or more. Still have lingering numbness in my thigh and the top of my foot.... If that's the worst of it I can deal with it. Here's an updated video taken today.

http://vid129.photobucket.com/albums/p224/gerritt_2006/Mobile%20Uploads/trim.8F4C2FCD-9DD4-4B30-9322-037AC18496CD.mp4

Now to tackle the stairs.....

Have a great weekend all! Make sure you post up some reports!

G