The Liberal party of Toronto....

Well we are as a province 287 billion dollars in debt....and the Liberal party of Toronto is running a 10.9 billion budget deficit, please stop the madness I have absolutely no confidence in this group of politicians to run anything....they have not created a real long term manufacturing job worth talking about in years all that is done is increase taxes, increase the deficit and debt and now they want to sell Hydro not to eliminate the debt or deficit but to build transit which will increase the deficit and debt....I have no doubt that if you still smoke you will be paying more and if you like a beer after work that will cost you more and I also imagine that gas, and every license and fee will be increased as well.

For those of you out there that continue to vote Liberal Thanks!!!! :wallbash:

They are all corrupt, and not one party is going to act in the best interest of most in this promise. Each party will continue to cater to their faithful, and the special lobbies, and the porkbarrel continues in perpetuity.

As for the deficits and debt. Rae left a big debt for Harris. Harris, in turn, left one for the Liberals to build on, and Wynne will add to it for the next party that takes over, and that party will again do the same.

The same thing has happened in Ottawa since the 70's. Every political dynasty has left a mess behind for the new guys to clean up, and Harper will be no different.

I know of one person that voted for the Liberals in the last election, almost ended our friendship of 35 years. lol. Met up with them yesterday and asked how they felt about the Liberals now? No comment. I hope the new budget comes with lots of lube as I believe we will need it. I still bang my head over this party and how corrupt they are. YET!!! They still got voted in. Not that there was much choice in the last election.... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edit - you nailed it bigugli.

Edited by fishnsled

As for the deficits and debt. Rae left a big debt for Harris. Harris, in turn, left one for the Liberals to build on, and Wynne will add to it for the next party that takes over, and that party will again do the same.

That is ture; however, the McGuinty/Wynne Liberals have accumulated more debt than all of the other parties combined. And their contribution to the debt is still growing.

man its a bad mess. even though my region has,changed from manufacturing embraced technology diversified we still ha 11 per-cent unemployment. jobs in service industry pay lower wages. folks just cant make it.southern ont is really feeling the crunch. educated youth cant find work other then min.wage at fast food or part time. the billion dollars fiasco sure coulda went to helping ontarions.

I won't be at all surprised when the government announces that they are going to be implementing M.U.D. as the NDP did, under Bob Rae.

(Mandatory Un-paid Days)

I also don't think the Liberals give one hoot about the teachers going out, as folks walking the picket line, don't get paid. The gov can save a lot of money, the longer these folks stay off the job.

HH

THE HAIRCUT

"Blessed are those that can give without remembering, and take without forgetting.”

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.'

The florist was pleased and left the shop.

When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a policeman comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replies, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.' The policeman was happy and left the shop.

The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a Member of Parliament came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill , the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Member of Parliament was very happy and left the shop.

The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen Members of Parliament lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.

Maybe the liberals can govern T.O. and the rest of us can choose another party.

I think it was the mpp from my old riding that suggested that...

Also, as for the liberals "winning" the last election, I think it was more like the other parties lost. It was like voting for a giant loser or a turd sandwich.

Also, as for the liberals "winning" the last election, I think it was more like the other parties lost. It was like voting for a giant loser or a turd sandwich.

Exactly!!! My riding choices were, to be quite honest, either dishonest or pathetic. In good conscience my only real option was to decline my ballot. Until I have some real choices between candidates, I will continue to register my displeasure in the same manner.

I think it was the mpp from my old riding that suggested that...

Aww, looks like one of the admins/mods didn't appreciate my South Park reference ;) .

the good news is they only have a majority for 3 more years :wallbash:

we only have ourselves to blame

Sorry but I will not be held responsible for something public"servants" were complicit in. They chose to save their own cushy asses and hung the rest of us out to twist in the wind. Not too bright when you think about it. When the axe falls on their collective necks as it most certainly will, I know I won't be in my garage making signs to help them protest so they can take more from those of us that pay their

freight. They acted like selfish and spoiled brats. I, like them, will watch out for my own from now on. With all due respect of course.

There was no ways Liberals could win the last elections with all the lies and scandals of Mr.Mguilty, gas plant, orange, e-health, list goes on..............................

Tim Hudak gave it to them in a gold platter.

over 30% of Ontario workers work for union,

what was he thinking ?

his own buddies asked him to step down from leadership.

There was no ways Liberals could win the last elections with all the lies and scandals of Mr.Mguilty, gas plant, orange, e-health, list goes on..............................

Tim Hudak gave it to them in a gold platter.

over 30% of Ontario workers work for union,

what was he thinking ?

his own buddies asked him to step down from leadership.

Fair enough Stone but they did win it with lies. Public employees were lied too by their own. At least Tim laid it all out. The truth is the public sector was gonna have to bleed regardless of who came to power and that isnt fair for those who deserve to serve . But at least they'll have only themselves to blame when the gut hook finds its mark. Too bad soo sad.