Repurposing of Pickering Nuclear Plant

John Bacon

I hear plans for a massive tourist attraction there will be

1) Megalodon fishing at your own risk in a special built enclosure just offshore out front....

2) Hunting for Wooly Mammoth in the parking area... while you are waiting to launch bow and spear only though.

Not confirmed but officials hope Godzilla will be make an eventual appearance.

It would be interesting to see who gets the contract to assay the soils and building materials.

Just a few morons having there fun.

A child could play inside for there life and never be exposed to more radiation than your house. The places were a child could be exposed are controlled like fort knox everybody signs off on everything. You can't take a paper clip with you. You are tested going in and out of these areas.

You are tested and then shower before you put your street clothes to leave Mandatory.

Far too much urban development now surrounding the site to even consider a rebuild on the old site. When the site first opened, Courtice was a dozen houses and a general store on a crossroads straddling Hwy #2. Rural lands between Oshawa and Bowmanville will have been completely developed within the next 10 years. Even Wynne isn't that stupid, I hope ????????

Far too much urban development now surrounding the site to even consider a rebuild on the old site. When the site first opened, Courtice was a dozen houses and a general store on a crossroads straddling Hwy #2. Rural lands between Oshawa and Bowmanville will have been completely developed within the next 10 years. Even Wynne isn't that stupid, I hope ????????

Are you thinking of Darlington? The Pickering plant is located just outside of Toronto.

The Pickering location is even more built up than Darlington. But the way I look at it, if residends complain about a new plant in there neighbourhood just point out that there was already one there when they bought their house.

Are you thinking of Darlington? The Pickering plant is located just outside of Toronto.

The Pickering location is even more built up than Darlington. But the way I look at it, if residends complain about a new plant in there neighbourhood just point out that there was already one there when they bought their house.

Yes, they are 2 plants, but the urban sprawl runs clear across from the Rouge straight across. I just used the most blatant example of sprawl in the area. Used to shoot goose tween Taunton rd and the conservation area, long before the first real surge of urban sprawl.