FISH ON!

Jen

The day began way too early. Not being able to sleep the night before I arrived early, sat on the dock and started fishing.

UpScalersCharterday001.jpg

I caught this 15 inch cat fish which will give our team a couple more points.

Once I had that all sorted out everyone started to arrive.

We hit the water shortly after 6:00 seems my directions were not as good as they should have been.

Heading out just as the sun was leaving the horizon.

UpScalersCharterday004.jpg

UpScalersCharterday009.jpg

Note here how flat the water was... a beautiful morning.

Wasn't long before the first fish was on and Ken was up.

UpScalersCharterday014.jpg

UpScalersCharterday015.jpg

as you can tell by the look on his face in that last photo, the fish had better things to do that day than be caught. One more fish lost than Sonny was up, managing to bring in this beautiful trout.

UpScalersCharterday019.jpg

Another fish lost then it is my turn and this fish just kept peeling line.

UpScalersCharterday021.jpg

UpScalersCharterday024.jpg

UpScalersCharterday025.jpg

Bowshep is up and Sonny manages to sneak into the photo by holding up a sign Lake Ontario Trout for the competion...

this guy measured in at 30".

UpScalersCharterday029.jpg

and had this attached to it!! ick

UpScalersCharterday032.jpg

Bowshep was very happy as you can tell by this photo

UpScalersCharterday031.jpg

We all knew he was thinking that was one beautiful fish. Which quickly went back to hopefully swim another day

UpScalersCharterday037.jpg

Next up was Brian, and you must realize that he had never caught a fish any bigger than 15 inches. We were all cheering him on.

UpScalersCharterday041.jpg

and then

UpScalersCharterday044.jpg

Now that is one huge smile and very very happy man.

There was a great deal of time that past after that. The weather was changing, wind picked up from the east and a light rain started to fall.

Fishmaster spent this time searching for fish with the help of his mate Bowen... with a couple of changes in presentation, depth and some finesse

FISH ON! Sonny up

UpScalersCharterday052.jpg

UpScalersCharterday055.jpg

Everyone is again excited and waiting in anticipation. Although at this point I will have to say the weather is rocking the boat around a little and

we are all aware that the day will soon be coming to an end.

Meredith is up, a little wobbly on the legs from the rocking of the boat, and the wind blowing against her yet this girl knows how to reel in a fish

UpScalersCharterday064.jpg

The handoff happens, which takes a bit to learn

UpScalersCharterday067.jpg

and then the smiles

UpScalersCharterday070.jpg

and the handshake

UpScalersCharterday072.jpg

That was the last fish on the boat for the day, as you can tell by the next picture the water wasn't as calm as when we had headed out in the morning and the sky had gotton rather grey.

UpScalersCharterday078.jpg.

Back at the dock Fishmaster and his mate Bowen cleaned and packaged our fish

UpScalersCharterday087.jpg

UpScalersCharterday082.jpg

UpScalersCharterday085.jpg

Then Bowen gets to clean the boat

UpScalersCharterday086.jpg

We had previously decided that since this was an OFC Team event we would have a bar b que after.

UpScalersCharterday088.jpg

(This is where I will say, never pass up an invite for a bar b que if Bowshep is inviting... wow, was that good) However we also decided to include a little competitive fishing off the dock. Little wager on first fish, Fishmaster managed that with a small perch, then we did a double or nothing, biggest fish. Well Sonny managed to win hands down on that one, after pulling in a couple 14+ inch perch he brought this up out of the water.

UpScalersCharterday092.jpg

Way to go Sonny...Bowshep on the other hand was fly fishing. A new skill he is definately mastering. He even managed to catch me as I was walking along the dock, and it wasn't by accident. I now have a very beautiful little fly in my tackle box, compliments of Dmasse I hear. There were a lot of laughs till the skies opened and the rain came down in buckets.

This was one of those days that creates memories in peoples lives, we laughed, enjoyed, shared and actually caught fish. Thank you so very much to Fishmaster and his mate Bowen for helping to make our day on the water extra special. They both worked very hard.

UpScalersCharterday073.jpg

All in all we added a couple more inches for our team. GO TEAM UP SCALERS

Edited by Jen

What a awesome report Jen ...it was a great pleasure fishing with Team Up-Scaler ....Bowen & I had a fun day with you Gals & Guys ....and yes that food Bowshep cooked up was a great end to a perfect days fishing thanks for booking a day with me ...Fishmaster

Outstanding report and photo essay, thanks for sharing.

It is always nice to see healthy slamon coming out of the lake, and some people practicing catch and keep. Those fish are excellent eating size and quality.

A quality charter operator that will work his arse off for clients. A job well done Fishmaster :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

John

Man I wish I could have made the trip. Looks like you guys had an amazing time.

Way to go Jen I think your fellow team mates appreciate your time and effort to arrange the trip.

Fishmaster I will get out with you yet!

Easton

I think that first trout is actually a small Chinook Salmon!!

I am not so good with kinds of fish to tell you the truth... kinda square tail and a white mouth... could have been though... Sonny and I talked about it at the time... and he just grinned at me, everyone else laughed... GRRR brothers!lol

. . . . and just to think . . . . I spent the day watching my rod tip jiggle, and listened to the buzzer give an occasional 'chirp,' . . . BONK . . . BONK . . . BONK!!! (Sound of head hitting office wall!!) :wallbash: Gotta hand it to ya . . . . shoulda taken up sports writing . . . you not only do a bang-up job of catchin' 'em, you write a GREAT story too!!