Toronto Maple Leafs

mr blizzard

Cleaning house. Some of the current players just can not (or will not) play a defensive style game. I think they should lose every game for the rest of the year (which might happen regardless) and hope for Connor McDavid.

I enjoyed watching their high paced score a ton style, but on nights where their goalies were just average, they would lose.

personally I hope they never turn around I love the entertainment from the fans and media,but I am also a leaf hater so that goes hand in hand.

But to start they need to change the atmosphere around the team and that means it needs new leadership. Trade Dion,Lupul, to start bring in more heart and soul guys like when they had Tucker and Domi.Reimer needs a change of scenery as does Kessel. If you dont burn it down you cant rebuild

Edited by bowslayer

no professional team should tank to get a draft pick.

that is weak.

these are professionals and their job is to play hockey.

name another job where you are allowed to tank just to recruit some new employee's. (well, maybe in a union .... nevermind)

How do you get them to win? Stop watching them and going to the games - Rogers and Bell will be quick to make the worlds greatest team happen in no time :whistling:

Tell all the corporate sponsors that, not the guys like you and me in the stands, lol.

Let's say that you are the GM of the leafs and this year, Edmonton wins the first overall draft pick. What do you offer them to ensure you can pick McDavid?

If I am Edmonton it starts with Rielly plus the leafs first and second rounder.....not sure if i would do that if I am the leafs or oilers

MacD is going to be a stud along the line of Travres or Crosby ,but Reilly looks to be Carlson/Doughty Clone

Edited by bowslayer

If I am Edmonton it starts with Rielly plus the leafs first and second rounder.....not sure if i would do that if I am the leafs or oilers

MacD is going to be a stud along the line of Travres or Crosby ,but Reilly looks to be Carlson/Doughty Clone

Really...if you could get McDavid for Rielly a first and second you would make that deal all day or you would be a ex-GM pretty quick...having said that if Edmonton gets the first pick I doubt Edmonton trades it!!!

Really...if you could get McDavid for Rielly a first and second you would make that deal all day or you would be a ex-GM pretty quick...having said that if Edmonton gets the first pick I doubt Edmonton trades it!!!

I said starts with Rielly ,a 1st and 2nd,thats what Toronto would have to start the conversation with for Edmonton to pick up the phone. They would have to add more.likely a Fransen and/or Nylander to seal it. Don't underestimate Rielly thou,as much as I hate the Leafs this kid is going to be stud D man,along the lines of Karlson,Doughty or Keith. I also can not seeing Edmonton moving the pick,do they want to known as the team that passed on MacDavid?

Edited by bowslayer

I don't like the Leafs, period. But I do like a good hockey game. Often we only have a Leaf game to watch here, so I watch it. I don't care if Edmonton is playing Buffalo as long as the teams are playing as hard as they can, I'll watch. Mistakes happen and different skill level are always apparent , BUT I admire hard working players. I just don't see enough of that with the Leafs.

The first line should be the gem on any team. It sets the tone for the rest of the other lines. Not happening with Phil. I've grown tired of all the lame excuses. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THE LACK OF A WORK ETHIC! When the 3rd and 4th lines are the class of the team there is something terribly wrong. At 10 million a season I'd be cleaning the toilets at the end of each game too.

It takes very little skill to check and play defensive hockey. It is a mental thing and team culture that certain player simple demonstrate that it is beneath them. That type of culture becomes contagious. The result is failure. I am not saying Kessel should have 100 hits a game but for goodness sakes how many times have I seen him skate backwards to get out of the way of an opposing player that is carrying the puck to the Leafs zone. A PeeWee player will try to check a player like that and yet the 10 million dollar man can't? Oh yeah, "he's a sniper". That is just crap. This is the NHL, anybody can be a snipe if they loaf around between the blue lines and wait for the "breakout pass". That's the new NHL?

I love Boston and LA. They just grind you to death. Good old fashion hockey. They out work most teams, and that's why they win. They are NOT the best team offensively but everybody hates to play them. The Habs have a nice mixture of grit and talent, love watching them. You work both ways or you're gone. That's what the Leafs should be doing.

Fixing the Leafs is easy. Kick their butts. Carry your weigh or get left behind.

Edited by muddler