Cool new product!!

pics

Cool, it would seem so.

But personally I'd rather leave my expensive phone safely stored away from a hole in the ice.

The dedicated sonar I have is always in view, doesn't require me to hold it to see it nor is near said open ice hole because it stands alone and can't fall through said hole!

This certainly wouldn't do well with thick ice.. I think it might be worth maybe $100 but not 300.. it will sell well with the tech set...

That's what I was thinking. If it was under a $100 it would be an cheap alternative to a regular sonar. For $300 I would rather buy a portable graph.

lol

but I was thinking

if it works (somewhat)

it might be cool to use it for a tipup that is out from where you are set up depending on how far the bluetooth goes you could see your lure 50 ft away

while you sit at the other hole jigging

Not trying to promote products (unless I get a cut!!!) but this has been available for awhile and works with Navionics already and is cheaper. Not a super high end scanner ( no side scan/chirp etc and not sure about depth max) but...

http://www.sonarphone.mobi/navionics

I like the idea of people at back of boat also being able to check depth/fish etc. from their phone or tablet. Everyone on boat can login to the device to view info.

Not trying to promote products (unless I get a cut!!!) but this has been available for awhile and works with Navionics already and is cheaper. Not a super high end scanner ( no side scan/chirp etc and not sure about depth max) but...

http://www.sonarphone.mobi/navionics

I like the idea of people at back of boat also being able to check depth/fish etc. from their phone or tablet. Everyone on boat can login to the device to view info.

I never understood why navionics haven't cut out the middle man. A lot of people have smart phones and tabs that are probably a lot more powerful than a 3 grand unit and unlimited potential. Seems like the only way to go to me?