I'm considering poking a few holes this weekend.. Anyone else?

NAW

I've got some free time Saturday morning (which is a rare thing). I was thinking about going to check some ice conditions. Southern Muskoka area.

This snow will not help things at all. But I've got some quiet back bays that are sheltered from the normal prevailing winds. They usually ice up early, and stays tight through the warm stuff.

Anyone else gunna go out for a poke this weekend? (in this area that is.. I know you northerners are already driving trucks on the ice...)

It's highly unlikely, but I may be able to creep out for some Crappies..

well, to stick with Old Ironmakers theme! My spud pole got his cherry popped for this years Ice fishing season!!

Poked a few holes, caught enough crappie for a small snack.

I got invited to see the trews last minute. So I didn't leave the house until about 10..

Solid 4" of black ice. There was guys running sleds up there on the ice already!

Edited by N.A.W

Drove by Scugog this morning, looked solid..... unti l!!!!! lots of places out there where you could see what looked like open water. I could see where a person could suddenly find themselves in serious trouble out there. Please don't let it be one of our members this year. It just isn't worth a fish or two.

Great to hear you got out my son and I poked a few holes on Friday out in front of our place anywhere from 6 to 7 inches of ice got out on Saturday with the sleds and ice hut got a couple of small pike it was nice to get out and wet a line we will need a few more nights of colder temps in order to cross where the lake opens up so we can get to our winter hot spots.

Cheers Mitch...