Gonna be an early ice fishing season :)

Joey

A plane made an emergency landing on one of the lakes around here today.

I guess if there's enough ice to support a Cessna Caravan I can take my sled out. :whistling:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/plane-makes-emergency-landing-on-frozen-lake-in-yellowknife/40353/

Plane makes emergency landing on frozen lake in Yellowknife

Cheryl Santa Maria
Digital Reporter

Thursday, November 20, 2014, 7:29 PM - A military spokesman said an Air Tindi Cessna 208 Caravan declared an emergency when its engine failed shortly after leaving Yellowknife Thursday, forcing the small plane to land on an isolated frozen lake.

A military aircraft with search-and-rescue officials was sent to the area from Winnipeg. Seven people were onboard and were stranded for hours in frigid weather before rescue crews could reach them.

The pilot of the plane contacted airline operations at 7:21 a.m. to indicate the craft had landed "under very difficult weather conditions", Air Tindi says in a statement.

The forecast was reporting temperatures around -11C with freezing rain at the time.

Additional airplanes were deployed to assist rescue efforts, but were held back by the weather.

No injuries were reported.

I am hoping this warm snap that is coming blows out any ice that has formed, and gets us back to where we should be. This weather is interfering with my duck hunting, and if things keep up it will soon be interfering with my steelheading. Things are looking grim, and I may have to travel to Georgian bay or Erie to hunt soon, my local water is freezing at an alarming rate, if it's not froze out already! The ice can get lost as far as I'm concerned, and come back mid January!

I hope you didn't jinx us with this thread title!! Don't you know you never say that??

Kinda like fishing on an really windy day and saying "hey, I think its calming down a little"......NOPE....

This time of year is a love/hate thing for me. I love to duck hunt, I love to ice fish, but I still have the hunting bug bad.....this crap came too early.

Ask me mid december and I will be praying for ice LOL

S.