Kill ALL the wolves - nf

luclarochelle

If the government decides it's legal to hunt and kill an animal, it's legal as long as the hunter does what the government regulates in terms of seasons, limits, methods etc. Personal ethics or beliefs dictate some animals are OK to hunt, some are not or even the usual I eat meat but disagree with hunting. I don't target predators as I won't eat them but have shot a coyote at close range in turkey season when he showed he wasn't afraid of me and wouldn't take off. I also let go a number of coyotes and didn't shoot when they took off immediately when they made me. I like dogs and for a long time didn't want to shoot a coyote as it looks like a dog even though I know it's competeing with me for the same game. All were personal ethics as killing them on a small game license is legal.

Some of you guys are pretty comical really...or is it sad ??

All Mike said was he prefers to see pictures of live animals rather that those that had been killed by hunters and immediately some of you have to start the nonsense about where food comes from.

Pretty sure Mike knows where it comes from, he's a sharp guy, and I doubt he needs all the childish comments but as usual their inevitable by some members.

Maybe a few guys around here could try something different and let a person give his opinion about a topic without all the foolish commentary.

Hey don't need to back me up Lew I'm not taking any comments from the boys here personal. Hunting is hunting, what those boys do on the wolf site isn't hunting and I think we can all agree. But thank you for the comment there Lew. My uncle has a farm, I bet half of these guys never been on a farm...o well, another crazy bunch :)

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

Why is catch and release fishing legal. I can see fishing for food but using living creatures as playthings for our enjoyment and ego's that is just wrong.

:ninja:

where is the "eject a couch potato button"?

Considering it was 6:42am I'll take into account you were under the influence of no coffee and waking up on the wrong side of the bed :) Wonder how the "playthings for our enjoyment" thread would go on here...start r up if you got the steam my friend :)

:ninja:

where is the "eject a couch potato button"?

Considering it was 6:42am I'll take into account you were under the influence of no coffee and waking up on the wrong side of the bed :) Wonder how the "playthings for our enjoyment" thread would go on here...start r up if you got the steam my friend :)

Turn the sarcasm meter on Mike :)

Some of you guys are pretty comical really...or is it sad ??

All Mike said was he prefers to see pictures of live animals rather that those that had been killed by hunters and immediately some of you have to start the nonsense about where food comes from.

Pretty sure Mike knows where it comes from, he's a sharp guy, and I doubt he needs all the childish comments but as usual their inevitable by some members.

Maybe a few guys around here could try something different and let a person give his opinion about a topic without all the foolish commentary.

It wasn't Mike's comment, but rather...

Beautiful pics of the deer. Thank god my dad was never a hunter, but a fisherman.

The above implies that it's wrong or a bad thing to be a hunter, basically insulting those who hunt. That is what brought about comments from hunters.

Edited by ch312

I think the above implies he didn't want to see deer hanging in the garage. Why would you take that as a personal insult? Some people like it, some people don't.

The thread was staying on track until the comment in question was posted, which brought about responses from 3 different people. That should tell you something, no?

I hunt and have no issue with someone Shooting a Wolf if its a legal shoot.

Its not my first choice in game BUT....as so many before have said the animal should be harvested.

Honestly speaking here,

I'll shoot any Coyote I happen to see on my property.

The wolves are present but I've not seen them in a while which makes me think the Coyotes have pushed them out.

Just another reason to shoot the Coyotes.

But regardless...

I would shoot the Coyotes because they drive the Deer, and rabbit out and thats what I hunt.

So the less that are on my property the better IMO.

It might not be a popular view but with in my legal right, and its my property...not crown land, not a park, or petting zoo.

But also because the Farmer who's property I access to get to my camp has asked me to.

He has livestock and issues with the Coyotes....He never had issue with the wolves though.

Again another great reason to shoot Coyotes LOL...

CH 13's point is nobody can have an opinion around here except him, and if someone does offer a different slant on something...their wrong.

Maybe?...I don't know either folks personally, but the remark was antagonistic for sure :dunno:

Don't get me wrong its no skin of my nose, but I read Lost another one's comment the same way Ch13 did.

I'm not saying lost another one "meant it to be insulting"

I'm Just say'n at first glance I took it the same way.

And then to follow it up with a jab was in poor taste IMO

Edited by Cookslav