Kill ALL the wolves - nf

luclarochelle

When animal populations get out of wack, or species invade lakes where they don't belong, there is only ONE animal at fault.

Humans.

Its the human population on this planet thats causing the real problems.

can't argue that....but when you create a problem, do you sit back and watch it get worse? sorry mother nature, you fix it...

I believe public outcry is largely a regional/cultural lack of understanding, seems many accept hunting to put meat on the table but then are also against predator hunting...it's not like shooting a rare wolf pack in algonquin, it's very very different with western populations

Not so sure a wolf will eat another dead wolf carcass. Same goes for coyotes...I've seen coyote carcass's that are left untouched for weeks by other coyotes where if it was a deer gut-pile it would be gone overnight. They are both intelligent animals and must know it's not healthy to eat your own kind.

Wolf meat would be gross. Most guys don't make pelts either. It's a lot work and fetches a lower dollar when it has bullet holes haha. Most shot wolves are just wasted and left for other wolves to eat.

Huh? They fetch a pretty penny and the holes from bullets are sewn up and do not effect value.

NAFA 2014 fur auction:

Timber Wolf

498 furs submitted

98% sold

Overall average $163.80

Highest price paid for a single hide $625.00

Arctic Wolves

131 furs submitted

93% sold

Overall average $419.67

Highest price paid for a single hide $1,450.00

Coyote:

Total of 72,177 furs submitted with 100% sold
Heavy I Overall average $90.67, highest paid $750.00
Semi I Overall average $45.58, highest paid $100.00
Eastern I Overall average $38.45, highest paid $102.00

With a whopping 72 likes on that disgusting facebook site I think this is not the sentiment of 99.9 percent of the people in the USA. We for the most part have the same love and respect of wildlife and honor our hunted by being humane and eating our kills. Anyone who does other than that is look at with scorn in my eyes.

Art

When it comes to predator management, in most cases the hunter or trapper will not eat any of the meat from the predators they're hunting or trapping. These people honor and respect their quarry just as much as a deer or waterfowl hunter.

Well then CH...maybe I'll start a new hobby haha. Seriously though, a lot of them that are not 'trapped' just get wasted. These are often land owners that just want the wolves away from livestock.

As far as I know, they'll eat their own... I've never witnessed it so I can't say for sure.

When it comes to predator management, in most cases the hunter or trapper will not eat any of the meat from the predators they're hunting or trapping. These people honor and respect their quarry just as much as a deer or waterfowl hunter.

I beg to differ I have seen many people shoot vermin and just leave them lay. I personally do not hunt bears because I do not like the taste of meat eaters. If it is a management program that is needed to balance something that is out of whack then predator hunting is fine. It is the shoot and let it rot attitude is what I object too.

Art

Well then CH...maybe I'll start a new hobby haha. Seriously though, a lot of them that are not 'trapped' just get wasted. These are often land owners that just want the wolves away from livestock.

As far as I know, they'll eat their own... I've never witnessed it so I can't say for sure.

Hides cannot be sold commercially without a trappers license (my understanding anyway) so naturally a farmer wouldnt be able to do mich with it.

I beg to differ I have seen many people shoot vermin and just leave them lay. I personally do not hunt bears because I do not like the taste of meat eaters. If it is a management program that is needed to balance something that is out of whack then predator hunting is fine. It is the shoot and let it rot attitude is what I object too.

Art

Your first post made it appear you're against any killing if you're not going to eat it. I totally agree with what you're saying. If you kill it, use the meat or fur whenever possible.

wolves, birds, deer its all the same...the group seems to love killing wolves obviously but i see 15 birds on a tailgate or 3 or 4 deer strung up quite often on Facebook. I love pictures of living things but the dead pics don't do anything for me. A deer standing eyes open in the bush would be sweet, dead in a garage not so sweet IMO

But that's cause I'm a fisherman!

People believe their meat comes from foam trays.. We are so out of touch of where our food comes from it really is sad.. Growing up my grandparents had a hobby farm, cows pigs chickens.. We knew where our meat was coming from... As the animals were named after us. Fresh butter, cream and whole milk were a norm. I understand the need to hunt and kill for substance...I am pro hunting... But to kill for the sole sake of killing is something I cannot agree with.

G

Some of you guys are pretty comical really...or is it sad ??

All Mike said was he prefers to see pictures of live animals rather that those that had been killed by hunters and immediately some of you have to start the nonsense about where food comes from.

Pretty sure Mike knows where it comes from, he's a sharp guy, and I doubt he needs all the childish comments but as usual their inevitable by some members.

Maybe a few guys around here could try something different and let a person give his opinion about a topic without all the foolish commentary.