My Windows is infected.

lew

At least that's what the woman who could hardly speak English told me on the phone last night right before I slammed the phone in her ear.

Sad that we have to put up with this garbage in our lives.

Anyways, have a great day everyone :lol:

Only reason I asked is that I had an issue with my simpatico and had to call for help. The person that I was connected to couldn't speak enough clear english; that he likely would have a hard time ordering a hamburger at Micky D's.

I asked to speak to someone who was in Canada; his response was he represented the Canadian help line for simpatico. I told him I didn't care what he did I want to speak to a Canadian; which I was transferred too. A buddy that works at Bell told me to do this if I ever had an issue with the help line and it worked. EH

Dan.

These scumbags are terrible. Called my ailing father in law (Alzheimer) and scammed him. After hounding him to do this and do that on his PC and not getting the financial info they were looking for , they conned him into giving them his CC # and got him for $700 bucks.

That is horrible. An outfit in Phoenix AZ got my ailing father for over $20,000. It all started with a phone call but before long they had him so convinced that they were legit that we couldn't do anything to stop it from happening.

BEWARE of USA Supreme Technology & Primetime Marketing Solutions, they are thieves who pray on the elderly and have it all figured out so they can avoid the law.

Edited by G.mech

I get those calls once every two weeks or so. Depending on my mood I will:

1) after having them go thru their pitch I say I only have macs so how can windows be infected. This comes after I pretend to turn on my computer....tell them my internet isn't working and hold on as I reset my modem. Then I ask them what website to go to. Have them repeat it over and over because I type it in wrong.

2) answer their questions with my own questions like "where are you? Is it nice there? What do you like to do in your spare time? What tv shows do you watch". I'll even ask where they are (they always say some Canadian city)?ask the weather then check online to see if they are even close. Them ask why did they lie to me about the weather.

3). speak Japanese to them very loudly and insert "no engrish. you speak a japanee?"

They usually hang up on me. lol.

I get those calls once every two weeks or so. Depending on my mood I will:

1) after having them go thru their pitch I say I only have macs so how can windows be infected. This comes after I pretend to turn on my computer....tell them my internet isn't working and hold on as I reset my modem. Then I ask them what website to go to. Have them repeat it over and over because I type it in wrong.

2) answer their questions with my own questions like "where are you? Is it nice there? What do you like to do in your spare time? What tv shows do you watch". I'll even ask where they are (they always say some Canadian city)?ask the weather then check online to see if they are even close. Them ask why did they lie to me about the weather.

3). speak Japanese to them very loudly and insert "no engrish. you speak a japanee?"

They usually hang up on me. lol.

LOL Cliff. Love hearing the stories of how people play with them jerks. I just don't have the patience. I hang up as soon as they start talking.

Usually they try to represent Microsoft...

"Oh!...you must know my son Mike...he works for Microsoft (true)...I'll let him know you called...He takes care of our computer for us..."

That ends the conversation right quick...

Just keep pressing 1 on your phone while they are talking. They will ask what you are doing and you can say you are pressing 1 for english. :)

Yeah, I have had them call me several times. They indicate they can see my pc and the traffic and that I have a virus....I laugh and hang up.

It is really good to hear all these stories but what I would really like to know is; what can WE do to try to protect those who are getting scammed? There must be a way to put some kind of a virus on your system so that when someone tries to access it they get shut down.

It is nice that so many of us are wise to this sort of thing but I feel sorry for the seniors that hardly know how to turn their computer on and get caught.

I get the "Thank you for choosing West Jet" call twice a week. I haven't used West Jet.

Cliff, the best we can do for those who are not up on this nonsense is to talk to them as best we can. Registering them on the "no call" list "could help", but likely not.

HH