Whats your best way to talk the spouse into letting you go fishing after having fished alot already this summer?

Shloim

I have a very understanding wife and shes let me fish my face off the past summer. We/I even got a boat. I had a fishing/work weekend last weekend but the weather sucked. This once should be great weather but I am having alot of guilt about going. Tried to convince my son to go as my daughter has a sleep over and he threw me under the bus....Suggestions? I can force him and hed thank me after, but Im not sure the wife would back me on that

My wife is awesome. She usually has no issues. Having said that I put family first almost always. But there is and always will be a reason not to go.

I have noticed that if I fish 15 times a summer she will be absolutely convinced that it was 30.

The only time she gives me grief is when she has a few drinks - then the truth comes out. Lol.

:rofl2: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Simple: Sweetheart, should I go fishing or would you rather I stay home and we could just spend the day in bed? She'll tell you to take a sweater, it might be a bit cool in the morning!

Married 30+ years now, works every time!!!!! :whistling:

:lol::lol::lol:

Been fishing since I can remember. My pop always took us. Mudder never mind. Got us out of her hair. :rolleyes:

Someone mentioned golf. LOL Ya golf and fishing. There,s a combo. Worked for me.LOL

When we got married,my better half knew what she was in for.

No questions asked. I fish,I golf. My time,her time. Then there was our time. It all balanced . SOMETIMES. :rolleyes:

Like Cliff. 30+ years now here too, and I probly fish just as much now, as I did before.

SHE,LL GET OVER IT :dunno:

I think being allowed to pursue your passion will also let you be a better husband and father, because you're satisfied and not deprived of it, hopefully your wife can see that

I've got buddies with restrictive wives, I think it's detrimental to their relationship

Edited by chris.brock

LOL, I love it, have this problem all the time...

I have a 6 year old son so my bait is taking him with me (gives her a break to read a book or watch TV). I bring lots of toys on the boat so when he get's board I have other ways of keeping him entertained. Then when I get a fish I let him real it in and he LOVES it.. Get's him more into fishing too!

If you can't play the kid card, I would suggest finding out what she likes to do and sending her off on a weekend of her own to do this (maybe in the winter, out of fishing season LOL). I find the wife can be very understanding as long as you show that your thinking of her needs as well.

Good Luck, you'll need it!!

Edited by Regan Thompson

LOL, I love it, have this problem all the time...

I have a 6 year old son so my bait is taking him with me (gives her a break to read a book or watch TV). I bring lots of toys on the boat so when he get's board IVery smooth Regan have other ways of keeping him entertained. Then when I get a fish I let him real it in and he LOVES it.. Get's him more into fishing too!

If you can't play the kid card, I would suggest finding out what she likes to do and sending her off on a weekend of her own to do this (maybe in the winter, out of fishing season LOL). I find the wife can be very understanding as long as you show that your thinking of her needs as well.

Good Luck, you'll need it!!

Very smooth Regan, did Goldie write that one for you ...lol.