tb4me

Geez a fan throws a Leaf sweater on the ice and Another tip in on Bernier by Phaneuf , something's never change,

also interesting rant by Grapes on lack of OHL players on the Leafs ... Lol

I loved that rant.I now know what some have known for a long time.Totally agree with him.

Wow Montreal was down 3-0 and won in a shootout.

and........ Ottawa wins in a shootout too.

I'm not too excited, it's only the first week. We'll see the real season unfold in a couple of weeks when everybody settles down.

muddler

Edited by muddler

The laffs were embarrassed on home ice by the Pens and Mr. Crosby. The 0-82 season is still intact. :clapping:

That team is so bad, only the rest of the season will show exactly how bad they are. And wait until kesle starts sulking and wants out. Even then, losing a selfish player with only on trick in the box would not be all that bad.

DOOMED!!!

:w00t::good:

I know you're gonna say "IT'S ONLY THE SECOND GAME!!!!!". Admit it leafers, from the owners down, this is a laughable mess. Can't wait to read the whining, blaming and excuses.

They won't be saying anything here for a while. :clapping:

They'll just slip away and sulk while trying to justify the loss. We'll hear from them just before the next game when they surface with their cup winning comments.

:whistling:

It was a good game.....the first 4 minutes. And then we got out worked and out muscled off the puck. Pathetic game. Still love the team. The fan who threw a $200 jersey is an idiot. Give it to some kid. Its the second game of the season. Things will come around. Kessel is a good player. He just needs to burn off the summer beer belly.

As for Dons rant.....pointless. 2 years ago he complained that the whole team was american and we needed more canadians. Now we need more toronto players. This is not the USSR vs Canada. Good players come from all over. Clarkson is a 5.5million dollar Toronto boy and he is useless. I wouldve kept Grabo for that money.....even if Don thought that the Leafs were communists.

Don seems to forget the Toronto boys are the first ones to take off to the tropical non hockey markets to live normal lives. No one wants to be under a microscope in the hockey universe of Toronto. Can't go outside without hearing every fan tell you that you are the best or that you suck.

For the first time in a while the Leafs are meeting my expectations. I expected nothing and that's what they are giving. Carlyle will be gone in 10 games. Not that its his fault but they should have changed things up. Look at Winnipeg bringing in Paul Maurice last year it made a difference. I wish Hamilton had a team, so I had someone other than the Leafs to cheer for.

A very bad game last night.

I even found myself changing channels to watch the better games midway through the second period.

Oh well, tonight's another night.

What was worse than the actual game was the travesty Rogers has turned HNIC into. I would like to have heard Don's "under his breath" comment just as the camera's were panning away.

What a horrible mess live hockey is becoming. (thanks Rogers)