tb4me

I'm sure Yzerman was questioned when he was made captain so young, Karlsson has a Norris trophy and has led the defense scoring in the league twice, he also had the most points for a defenseman since he joined the league. He leads the team in minutes played per game and is said to already be a leader in the room. As far as I can see, the sky's the limit for him.

Looks like things are looking up for the Sens in the future.

All he needs to do is work on that +/- stat....career minus guy!

General Managers are their own worst enemies!!!!!! No wonder guys sign in places like Tampa, Nashville, Carolina, Columbus and Ottawa, they get oodles of $$$$ thrown at them, with no real expectations

Thats a 7 year deal. May be high price this year or next. Keep in mind that the salary cap will continue to go up and in 2 to 4 years that will be a steal ,thats only if he can keep up the pace he is at now.

So it looks like the Dead things plane was delayed and the bus was stuck on the gardiner as of 630 pm.. Game delayed till 8 pm. Leafs are without Clarkson, Bozak and Kessel..All hurt, Robidas makes his first start tonight playing beside Powder Puff Dion.. Lets hope that pin in his leg holds up, it broke twice last year.

As an impartial Leaf fan:

-Karlsson is a stud, I think Ottawa made the right choice for captain (would much rather have him as captain than Phaneuf)

-Crazy contract for Ryan, no way would I have signed him to that. But then I never would have traded for him. That contract will be an albatross in two years.

-Kozun has been great, hope he makes the team!

-Percy has been solid too, can we please trade Franson now?

-Overall I think our D is pretty scary. They're an injury or two away from complete disaster. No depth.

As always I remain optimistic. GO LEAFS! :)

Thats a 7 year deal. May be high price this year or next. Keep in mind that the salary cap will continue to go up and in 2 to 4 years that will be a steal ,thats only if he can keep up the pace he is at now.

exactly, it may seem like a lot now but in a couple years it will look like a steal compared the contracts some of these guys will be signing.

Agreed. Hate the Sens but Karlsson is solid. Guy is still young and like matt said, sky is the limit. The salary cap will rise and you will begin to see deals in the 7-10million range. Let the Sens spend all their money on Ryan and Macarthur. Clarkson at 5 million was a worse move from the get go than any Sens signing.

I also love the Dion haters. Guy is always on the hook. Get him a real defenseman to play with. Franson is not a top 4 D man. Leafs dont have defensive depth as is. injuries have already started and season hasnt started. Its an 82 game season. Only Detroit manages to have an injured team and still get bailed out by their unknown amazing talent from the farm team. I cant wait for the season opener against the Habs!

I had to think hard about whether the Ryan contract was going to be a good one. I believe it will, just because of the way he held out to see what his involvement was going to be like on the ice. He wanted more, wanted to be used in different situations. That, to me, means he's passionate and cares about how he plays. There is no question he has talent, 30 goal plus guy most of the time. I think if he is given the slack and responsibility, he'll excel.

But, time will tell!

I thought you guys loved Mclaren and Orr? lol

We do...... just not when they are on the ice to do anything but fight. The con to this is when they are dressed the 4th line only plays 3 minutes a game which gasses the other 3 lines. Its a love hate relationship.

Edited by BassMan11

I take it the Leafs would still have his rights if he was to come back?,not sure how that works.Would hate to loose a young talent like him.

We drafted him..He is ours no matter where he plays in the world. As soon as his rookie year starts nothing changes..