I must be crazy

bigugli

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce, next time we get together, reserve one of the small jars of that relish for me would you. Just PM me the price. I make a lot of preserves but that relish looks better than anything I have made.

Don't you worry none. The grocery wagon will be loaded when we gets together.

Ouch Bruce. We are moving our central operations for frustrationfishing.ca to Lake Ontario after Labour Day, I've been blown off this Lake Erie more in the last month than the last 5 years put together. PM me with a Sunday or whenever that's good for you. I'll bring the boat you bring a jar of anything. The lakers are stacked up like cord wood down your way, so I hear, let's find out.

That looks awesome Bruce. I just finished my cucumbers last weekend got 30 qrts of dills and bread and butter plus 6 qrts of Chicago style sweet relish. Im just waiting for my tomatoes to ripen and I will begin canning them as well. This is my second year at canning and I really enjoy it. Lots of work and lots of people say Why? I tell them because I like to grow my own food and save it for later. I used to grow my garden and give most of my crop away to the neighbours because I couldn't eat it fast enough and did not want it to spoil. I made salsa last year and was surprised at how much better it is compared to the expensive store bought stuff. Care to share your salsa recipe I would like to try some when my tomatoes are ready. By the way I was in the grocery store last week and a lady was in front of me at the check out. She had a bushel of pickling cukes on a cart brought out from the back. I was curious as to how much she was going to pay. The young lady said that will be 54.00 mam. I said to myself wow that's what I'm talking about grow your own.

That looks awesome Bruce. I just finished my cucumbers last weekend got 30 qrts of dills and bread and butter plus 6 qrts of Chicago style sweet relish. Im just waiting for my tomatoes to ripen and I will begin canning them as well. This is my second year at canning and I really enjoy it. Lots of work and lots of people say Why? I tell them because I like to grow my own food and save it for later. I used to grow my garden and give most of my crop away to the neighbours because I couldn't eat it fast enough and did not want it to spoil. I made salsa last year and was surprised at how much better it is compared to the expensive store bought stuff. Care to share your salsa recipe I would like to try some when my tomatoes are ready. By the way I was in the grocery store last week and a lady was in front of me at the check out. She had a bushel of pickling cukes on a cart brought out from the back. I was curious as to how much she was going to pay. The young lady said that will be 54.00 mam. I said to myself wow that's what I'm talking about grow your own.

$54 a bushel!!!!! Talk about robbery! #1 grade pickling cukes run for $35-40 a bushel at most farmers markets. I do buy in my cukes simply because it is easier for me. Else I would need 200 plants to meet my needs.

As it is, I have a 1/4 acre planted to specialty peppers, tomatoes, tomatillo, squash, berries, dill and garlic.

• 2 weeks later...