They caught the cougar.

lew

Cougar jokes, love it. We did see one about 15 years ago here at the cottage on Erie. Early morning my wife yelled that there was a dog behind the cottage. Her cat hightailed it under the deck. I came outside to see a very large and very beautiful Cougar saunter down the rocks to the beach as calmly as it could be. Walked calmly along the beach and stopped to paw a dead Sheepshead. As cool and calm as it came it walked back up the hill and back into the woods. I wasn't so cool.

A call to the ministry did bring someone out latter in the day. They didn't seem to be too amazed that a Cougar was here. Not common but not unheard of. No sleeping on the deck that summer or walks in the woods behind us. Very isolated area, woods and farms and a few cottages then. Not much more now except wind turbines.

We are blessed to have seen one here.

Hmmm wonder if it could be the one I spotted 2 years ago just a hair north east of Oshawa? I was out doing work by myself in a hydro corridor and one leaped outta the scrub brush about 30 meters from me. All alone, it scared the crap outta me. It lept one way and I ran the other. Quite the experience and something I don't wana encounter again. Talking with a fella a year later about it and he had mentioned he had his shop in that area and one was in the yard one morning. Eye opening for me.

In the last 10 years I've seen 4 in NW ontario. One right here in manitou chasing a deer across the road. One on cedar narrows road where we see about 15-20 rabbits ru across the road, looked at each other and thought that was weird, looked forward to see a large cougar in pursuit, crossed the road in one stride! One in eagle river/eagle lake, again chasing deer in an open farmers field. And one sickly dead one on our weigh station when i worked in ear falls. That one was might thin and appeared to be diseased or starved. MNR were called for that one. Very small cat, maybe 60 lbs

We used to encounter numerous city cougars when the Mermaid lounge was around in the old Valhalla Inn off of 427.... :whistling:

Meely :canadian:

Excellent Stuff Meely--am of that vintage as well-remember the joint well

WAYYY TOO FUNNY

Play Safe

Have FUN

Paul.

• 1 month later...

link work for me? Here is copy/paste for you guys that can't veiw it.

PETERBOROUGH -- Charlie the cougar will soon move to a new, permanent home at a Quebec zoo.

Caught by the Ministry of Natural Resources in mid July after he was spotted napping under the deck of a Grafton-area home, Charlie has been spending his days at Peterborough's Riverview Park and Zoo since. However, his stay in Peterborough come to an end on Sept. 2, when he's moved to Zoo Sauvage de St-Félicien, an award-winning facility in St. Félicien, Quebec.

READ MORE: Cougar Caputured In Grafton In Excellent Condition

Judging by Charlie's behaviour, it was determined early on that he grew up in captivity, and therefore, couldn't be returned to the wild. While Peterborough zoo staff have grown fond of the cougar and would love to see him stay, their primary concern is that Charlie is placed in a facility that will offer the best environment possible.

Zoo Sauvage was selected through a collaborative search conducted by the Peterborough zoo and Canada's Accredited Zoos and Aquariums. The zoo is home to 75 species that live in large, natural exhibits. Charlie will have an opportunity to participate in Zoo Sauvage's breeding program.

For more information on Zoo Sauvage, visit zoosauvage.org.