March 15th. closer

misfish

First off,what a super ice season we have been having on Simcoe. The best ice conditions I have seen in my adult years.

Traveling both on foot and machine was great. We started the the seaon for perch in December and hit the big waters in January 1st opener . 6 inches and today we finish it with close to 28+. Amazing.

While out off the 2nd yesterday,I could see a large crowd out at the 4th. This morning Terry and I headed there first light from BBP. We are greeted by about 40 anglers already. I suggest we stay out side the crowd. So we stop,I get off the sled and low and behold,Theres a hole still open from yesterday.Step back,and step in another hole. SWEET,Im fishing right here.LOL

Set up and it didnt take long and we were marking lots of fish. They were tight to the bottom.

I knew today was going to be my break out day,as the mrs,s had found my box of tricks that I have been looking for all season. All my raps and bad boyz and meegs.

I started with a green/black back bad boyz,tipped with a chartruse micro tube. Didnt take long and it was fish on. it was hooked good,right in the roof of it,s yap. To the hole and out she came.

At this point,the crowd was getting bigger and started to move in on us,so we decided to move a bit shallower. Fished that for a half hour or so,marking the odd fish. Look out at the deep waters again,we decided to head back out,but far away from the crowd.

Once again,marking fish like crazy but nothing committing until ,another one decide to play. On the same jig. It was a bit smaller then the first,but it was nice to get. The winds started to get a little nasty,snow and sleet mixed in. Stuck it out till around 1 and called it a day.

Fresh fish and fries for dinner tonight. Thats going to be sooooo good.

Looks like a trip to lake Joe next saturday,then it will be perch,pike,crappie and eyes til ice out and season close..

Then it,s time to get the pin out.

Leave you with some pics from the day.

004_zps5a5ca019.jpg

I have used that auger set up all season long. it,s the cats meow.

002_zps48f48710.jpg

006_zps538c1a29.jpg

007_zps71835f7a.jpg

012_zpsde830d32.jpg

016_zps665269c0.jpg

017_zpsc19d6e33.jpg

Edited by Misfish

Nice work

glad to see fish were caught. people we chatted to were not having luck

you guys seem to have them dialed in

Made it out once this year (today) next year I need to catch a whitey or laker been saying it for over three years the bucket list is getting to long lol

Nice catching, you still had some snow cover up there, IBP had nothing.

The slush was getting bad Erich.

I promised the youngest grand child a day out in the morning for a few hours,She,s been reminding me every day this week. Cant let her down.

Way to go guys. Wish we had gone now.

So did Terry catch that whitie or did you let him hold one of yours :whistling::w00t:

Thanks J. Dont listen to the weatherman,he,s a dick.LOL

As for your other question,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I got tired of seeing guys with signs of,

My names not Terry

So

It was a bit of a rehab thing going on.

Terry hold this fish,think I can I can,,,,,,,,

Ya it didnt work,but theres always next year. LOL

You guys miss all the fun when were out together.

the old saying,you had to be there.LMAO

Atleast we got out to fish together,and we both had fish to feed our family. I like to share. :P

Edited by Misfish

that's just mean

lol

It,s ok bud.

Denial is the first step. LOL

Cant believe I just said that.

GOLD

This is why we have so much fun out there,

Live ,laugh and enjoy.

Edited by Misfish

Nice going Bri!!

We went to long shoal.. For soaked on the quad ride out. Froze our we butts of for a few hours. Few bumps.. Lots a few.

Then we moved and lots one, caught 2 in a half hour. Then they shut down... So we called it quits. Had a fish fry with family today. Perch for the rest of the season. Gunna max out my possession limit, then have a big family fish fry. Already got my limit of pickerel in the freezer.. So it should be a good one.

Great season so far in deed! And the warm spring ice pan fishing season is just begging!