Canada Hockey

BucktownAngler

The one intangible (My opinion)that no other countries' players have regardless their talent. No matter the odds, win or lose it is what separates Canadian ice hockey from the rest of the world. HEART.

Couldn't agree more..

Yeah, 4 on 3, you're right. But it still shouldn't gave been called. From all the replays and angles i've seen, there was no intent, no shove, just feet of both players getting tripped up.

If the US player trips up the Canadian one on a breakaway, that's called interference my friend. Intent or no intent. The US lost that game because they stood back and let the Canadians come at them for pretty much the entire 3rd period.

The amount of Canadians that don't understand hockey is embarrassing. :wallbash:

Do you want us to believe in our own stereotypes? An American finds out I'm Canadian and asks me to say something in French or how many Eskimo's I know am I to be upset with that stereotyping? If they ask me to help them understand hockey and God forbid can't how embarrassing is that? Just because I don't understand beyond the basics I embarrass you. I'm sorry I'm embarrassing. I'm still proud to be Canadian no matter how embarrassing I am to you, man.

Are you ready ?,,,,,,,,,,,I can't skate, how embarrassing is that? For once I think I'll stop typing.

The U.S. took a page from the Leafs playoff handbook last night, luckily we were on the winning side not like last spring.

And Bostons'. The Kessel girl got a taste of what her brother swallowed during last years playoffs. Bitter Defeat.

Edited by moxie

Do you want us to believe in our own stereotypes? An American finds out I'm Canadian and asks me to say something in French or how many Eskimo's I know am I to be upset with that stereotyping? If they ask me to help them understand hockey and God forbid can't how embarrassing is that? Just because I don't understand beyond the basics I embarrass you. I'm sorry I'm embarrassing. I'm still proud to be Canadian no matter how embarrassing I am to you, man.

Are you ready ?,,,,,,,,,,,I can't skate, how embarrassing is that? For once I think I'll stop typing.

Absolutely correct. It's ok not to understand hockey (or like it for that matter) and I chose my words poorly.

What I meant to convey was that those people, who by birth alone think they know hockey, should not run their mouths about something they do not understand.

If you can find a replay on Google or YouTube or something of that play, watch it closely. Especially the camera angle that I saw several times last night. Camera angle I'm talking about is the camera is facing the players as they skate towards it, so you're looking at them skating towards the camera. Canadian players right foot on a big long stride extends out behind her and contacts the right foot of the American player just behind. that contact is what causes them both to fall. it was actually the Canadian player that caused them both to fall. I'm not going to complain about the outcome, because I was cheering for Canada. But I don't think anybody can say that the American caused a penalty there. Just being fair.

If you were that ref and saw that play, what would you call? Remember you don't have the luxury to watch every single angle in slow mo :) At a minimum it's an interference call in my books.

Absolutely correct. It's ok not to understand hockey (or like it for that matter) and I chose my words poorly.

What I meant to convey was that those people, who by birth alone think they know hockey, should not run their mouths about something they do not understand.

Who said what? I honestly hope your not referring to me? Funny I went back 2 pages in this thread and see no where that any Canadian hockey fan was talking stupid..I have heard worse on TSN radio and the fan 590, so please by all means enlighten us stupid Canadian hockey fans..What did I miss?

God forbid no one can have a different opinion and a round table discussion on sports.

Oh what an exciting world this would be if everyone had the same 'non-embarrassing' opinion.