Canada Hockey

BucktownAngler

How can anyone say Canada sucked? Either you didn't watch the game or have no clue what domination means. When you run in to a hot goalie in a single game elimination anything can happen but those guys never gave up and beat them in every aspect of the game, including the score. Latvia's goalie was about to pass out he was so exhausted from the relentless pressure.

Edited by Governator

I'm a little worried when 50% of our teams goals come from a guy named Webber and a guy named Doughty. Don't get me wrong, they are both superstars, but the lack of production from the forwards are a concern.

I still think they will show up when they really need to.If they were losing,I think you would of seen a different team .

Is Tanya Harding available for a lunch date with Phil Kessell????

LOL this was a great comment.. Made me laugh..But Nooo Kessel is (right now) the WORLDS best scorer.. Come back to Toronto and get 20 more bud!

As for the Latvian goal, did anyone notice what they did to get behind our D? They won the draw in their own end, the Defense man immediately came off the ice .. The benches are so long that the forward was able to come out the other end of the bench and behind Our Dman..Ted Nolan is one hell of a creative dude..He spotted that and it payed off..Hats off to them. Canada out played them in every aspect of the game except for the most important part of OUR game.. Hitting, the physical game.. Where is it? Were gonna need it for the Yanks...

Go Canada Go!

Very hard to hit on the international ice surface. One miscue and the opponent is on a breakaway! I hear the Lat goalie had 57 shots and Price had 16. Total domination against the Lats. Now the US team will play a fast paced NHL game and that will be their undoing. Canada will be oblige them in playing NHL style and we will dominate them. Shut down Kessel and VRD and that is about it for depth on the US team.

The amount of Canadians that don't understand hockey is embarrassing. :wallbash:

probably too busy trying to dial in the sport of fishing, afterall......this is a fishing board and not a Hockey board :)

Either way.......I didnt get to watch either the US or CANADA game as this whole work thing is getting in the way. And multiple online streams were awefully sticky today.

May just have to take a half day Friday to watch this match up

Very hard to hit on the international ice surface. One miscue and the opponent is on a breakaway! I hear the Lat goalie had 57 shots and Price had 16. Total domination against the Lats. Now the US team will play a fast paced NHL game and that will be their undoing. Canada will be oblige them in playing NHL style and we will dominate them. Shut down Kessel and VRD and that is about it for depth on the US team.

That's what I'm saying.You will see the silent ones show up!!

The amount of Canadians that don't understand hockey is embarrassing.

There is a reason we have problems with the big ice when we play International teams that are loaded with players that have little or no North American experience.

We seem to do all right against international squads on the big ice that are loaded with NHL players!!!

And yes Rob it is embarrassing that some can not figure this out!!!