Close call on Hwy 11 (NF)

Jds63

What's the chances that we ever get any follow up information after they catch the guy. This is the kind of stuff that makes me almost ashamed to admit to being a truck driver. These idiots really believe that you cant afford to lose even a few K on a hill, and god forbid that you have to downshift. It's a sad comment on what passes for a real truck driver these days.

Jim

I still don't know how the other rig(bad passer) didn't sustain any damage at least to its trailer??

I got this video paused at 13sec mark and there is no way in my eyes an 18 wheeler could fit through there??

Either way they got the guy!!

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1301523/motor-vehicle-collision-driver-identified

The last thing you want to do is slam on the brakes on a truck like that in those conditions.. These aren't NASCARs on dry pavement, let's be realistic.

I guess you misunderstood. I wasn't talking about anyone hitting the brakes. I was suggesting that the guy coming uphill seemed to be a bit tardy in letting off on the accelerator.

I guess you misunderstood. I wasn't talking about anyone hitting the brakes. I was suggesting that the guy coming uphill seemed to be a bit tardy in letting off on the accelerator.

Perhaps he thought there was enough room, lol.

I still don't know how the other rig(bad passer) didn't sustain any damage at least to its trailer??

I got this video paused at 13sec mark and there is no way in my eyes an 18 wheeler could fit through there??

Either way they got the guy!!

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1301523/motor-vehicle-collision-driver-identified

That is excellent!

I drive these very hwys for several hundreds of km's every week. 800 km's since Monday in fact. I feel like I am taking my life in my hands every time I hit the road. Clearly many of the big rig drivers haven't got a clue how to drive up here. Just a few weeks ago I counted 7, yes 7 rigs in the ditch on the 350 k drive from Dryden to Thunder Bay. Not one passenger vehicle or 1/2 ton. All 18+ wheelers. I see them in the ditches on straight stretches on sunny summer days as well. I see their loads scattered across the hwy on curves. I see them passing near curves in the road, often to barely get back in line before an oncoming vehicle arrives. They drive 5 feet off my rear bumper at 100 kmph. I've really had enough of these guys. Obviously they are not all maniacs, but way too many of them are.

truckditch_zpsd0a53806.jpg

Agreed Dan. It's a crap shoot on many of the NW Ontario highways at anytime of the year with some of these so called truckers, but especially bad with the drop in the quality of road maintenance we've experienced these past 2 winters.

We had one go across the Temagami Shores front yard (North bound) a few Falls ago.... down the lane to the boat ramp.... flip the truck on it's side amongst the stored iced huts and have it catch on fire... while leaking Diesel into the lake and he was already on the highway hitchhiking back South before the police even had a chance to talk to him.