The Fishing for Tyler event

Roy

I dont mean to stir the pot/or blow horns here but,it was Spiel that started this whole G2G thing. Years before. Then passed it on to myself,as he couldnt always make it. Asked if there would be any objection to making it a fund raiser,we past it off gladly to Mo, for a great cause.

From back when to now,it,s grown huge,and those that attend and donate is awesome.

Guess I better get busy making my normal donation of spud bars. Time will fly Im sure.

Dont forget yer helmet,and try to get that udder fella Beans to come with ya.

Sorry, I stand corrected! My first experience with it was when Mo started the first ever "fishing for Tyler"! Didn't mean to step on anyones toes here.

I also don't mean to stir the pot but I attended the advent a few times when Maureen (Motv8tr) ran it. Quite an enjoyable day each time.

I attended once since the parents took over running it and it' was my last time. Poorly organized.

I had the 3rd place whitefish but was never called to much later due to he forgot to look at a page of results..

But the worst infraction IMO was the constant parents claiming their children's prizes from the adult table without any control by the organizers.

I remember that 1st trip very well Brian and it was the 1st time many of us ever met each other. I used to have a bunch of pictures from that trip but my old computer self destructed and I lost them all.

Some good memories though and nice that the old tradition still continues on.

x2

good times for sure

cant forget Roger (Rizzo) pulling his gear out in the infamous pink Barbie sled

It's a charity event, it doesn't much matter who 'started' it. Maybe the few who are unhappy with an experience they may had there would be kind enough to offer their organizational skills. I'm sure it'd be appreciated. Let's all have a good time doing this for Tyler.

I'm not stirring the pot either.

It's a charity event, it doesn't much matter who 'started' it. Maybe the few who are unhappy with an experience they may had there would be kind enough to offer their organizational skills. I'm sure it'd be appreciated. Let's all have a good time doing this for Tyler.

True that Roy!!

This is not a Tournament. It ain't about prizes (they're a nice bonus :) )

It's all about Tyler & a great opportunity to meet like mined OFC'rs. Looking forward to a repeat visit :)

ps. I'll be putting up a summer LO Salmon/Bow trip for auction this year ;)

Edited by pikeslayer

Neither am I Roy I enjoy the fun of it all and I always end up at the grill with Big Cliff and Vinny and a few others helping out was I suppose to FISH someone forgot to tell me :))

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post to let everyone know that I am hard at work getting the fundraiser up and running. Thank you to all who are jumping on the wagon to help it is very much appreciated.

I have a new hurdle this year in preparing for the tournament. I am required to fill an application to the town for PERMISSION and seek approval. I also have to provide insurance. I am also applying to have the parking waived again this year. All this and Tyler's sister and father have the flu and Tyler...well he is just Tyler. :). Please know that I am doing my best and when I get confirmation I will let everyone know.

Please save the date!!!

I was actually serious about the name tags. It works well in all the conferences I've attended over the years. See the name recognize it as someone you've spent many hours talking to or corresponding with over the years but never met in person.

Are you reading this Mom? Send me a PM, I may be able to help in that way even if I don't attend if it's something you might want to do. Putting on the name tags is always optional. I don't think someone like Rob Ford would need one around Ontario at least.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post to let everyone know that I am hard at work getting the fundraiser up and running. Thank you to all who are jumping on the wagon to help it is very much appreciated.

I have a new hurdle this year in preparing for the tournament. I am required to fill an application to the town for PERMISSION and seek approval. I also have to provide insurance. I am also applying to have the parking waived again this year. All this and Tyler's sister and father have the flu and Tyler...well he is just Tyler. :). Please know that I am doing my best and when I get confirmation I will let everyone know.

Please save the date!!!

For this effort, we have a lot of patience.

Hey Tyler's mom, if it runs out to be unreadable to hold it at ibp. Why not just have it on the ice down in gillford? Hope all goes well.

Gilford is in innisfil as well so the same permit is needed. Stupid new bylaw, you need to apply for a permit to have large family reunion or corn roast on your own property.

Let's see what happens. I have a lot of people in town that support this effort. I will take Tyler to visit the Mayor in her office if I have to. I will take him to the council meeting with his little sister, who is his biggest advocate and let th

say no to them in person. :)

I agree let them say no to Tyler then they can suck never mind

Edited by Loonietoon