The Fishing for Tyler event

Roy

And another. I will try to find a better quality one.

Thankfully I have list a few pounds since then.... Where being called a FF was an honour! I will see what I am able to come with for the prize table.... Tyler's mom, have to put anything together to present yourself to the community/donors? If so please send me a copy to give to my overlords :)

G.

Test run after work Friday Cliff. I will put one in the auction once I get home after the test. The one for auction,needs to be taken the day of the Tyler event (no shipping)The other two will be up for grabs on the prize table.Black Stealths coming soon :clapping:

Edited by Misfish

I saw this on Facebook and am posting here for any new members who might be wondering what it is all about...

Tyler is 17 years old and was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder when he was 3 years old. Tyler lives in Innisfil, Ontario with his mother Elisa, father Terry and little sister Tiffany. Tyler attends Grade 12 full time in a life skills class in Alcona Ontario. Tyler requires extensive therapies which his parents struggle financially to provide. These therapies include Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy.

Fishing for Tyler is an Ice fishing fund raiser that was started 10 yrs ago to help ease the financial burden and provide Tyler greater opportunity to learn and communicate. At age 6 Tyler was removed from a waiting list to receive funding for IBI/ABA and other therapies. At that time it was thought people living with Autism could no longer benefit enough to warrant the money these therapies cost.

After a lot of fighting by the parents of those living with Autism, the age was raised, and Tyler once again was on a waiting, list....near the bottom. Over time he did receive funding from various sources, not the least of which was the Fishing for Tyler fund raiser.

Tyler lost his government funding in August 2013. and no longer receives IBI/ABA therapy due to the high cost. Tyler learns and grows every day, I have seen the changes in him over the years, and he will continue to learn and grow, and thrive as long as he is able to continue receiving the therapy he needs.

This year is the 10th anniversary of Fishing for Tyler, and has gone from a small group of about 25 people, to over 200 people attending. People from all ages and abilities come out and enjoy the day, from Tyler's 97yr old great grandmother to one and two year old infants and every age in between. No special equipment is needed, and no special skills. If you don't fish, no problem, come out and enjoy the day along with a BBQ lunch, enter the prize draw and walk away with a smile, knowing you've helped make a difference in someones life.

10th Annual Fishing for Tyler Fundraiser
Tyler French lives with Autism
Raising Money for Speech and OT Therapies
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Innisfil Beach Park Boat Launch

Cost: 16 years of age and over - $10 minimum donation
kids free - donations appreciated

* A fishing license is required for those between 18 and 65 years of age*

Enjoy a BBQ lunch cooked on site
Cost: Donation

Prizes awarded for largest whitefish/lake trout and largest perch - lucky draw following

Directions: Hwy 400 or Yonge St. to the 8th line (Innisfil Beach Rd.), east on Innisfil Beach Rd, to the end, turn left into the park, follow the road to the right, past the snack bar to the boat launch. Please park in the parking lots on the left side before boat launch.
For more information please email [email protected] or call Elisa French at 705-436-3607 or me, Maureen Manning

Brian those are amazing - I hope I win one to use with my Fin Bore! I'm bidding on one in the auction.

Everyone - I have added a 3rd guided trip to the auction - designated for muskie or salmon (trip for one guest) The first two trips look like they are going to be for catfish. Here's where the bidding stands so far... still a week to get a bid in!

TRIP 8A - Dunnville Cats - icedude in the lead at $120

TRIP 8B - Dunnville Cats - DynamicBear, Christopher K and jeremy84 in the lead at $150

TRIP 8C - Kawartha Muskie/Lake Ontario Salmon - Freshtrax in the lead at $100

I can take 3 guests for catfishing... the more bait out there calling them in the better!!!

Keep the bids rolling and support this great cause!

Brian those are amazing

Pete thanks.

As time has gone by,I have refined it. the black phantoms are my best work.

We drilled today with just mine. Ice is 28 inches today. :w00t: Burned 13 holes,then had to switch up batteries.

Im thinking with the 8" fin bor,it will work just as good. Not as many holes,but atleast I wont have to drill side by sides or mickey mouse holes. :D

The wife likes it also. No fumes from an auger head in the condo. :good:

Anyone that will be attending this years event,and has a 8" finbor 3,would you mind if I tried it with my drill attachment ? I just want to see if the drill will hold up to it. We can just try the ice out from the launch.

Thanks.

B

hey Brian

I have a 8" Nordic, i know its no finbor. but you are more then welcome to give it a try if you want