The Fishing for Tyler event

Roy

We are proud to be sponsoring the 10th annual Fishing for Tyler event again this year on Lake Simcoe. It'll be held on Saturday, February 22, 2014. We will provide information about the event as it becomes available. Let's see if we can break records this year. Thanks everyone.

This will be pinned on the 22 of this month.,

Thanks Misfish, sounds like a very worthy cause. Who knows might actually get out of the county this winter.

It sure is a very worth while cause! Maureen (Motv8tr) started the whole thing some 9 years ago and worked her tail off to put it all together! She rallied the troups, collected donations, aranged for food, washrooms, prizes and people to help with the running of it and getting donations. If it hadn't been for her this wonderful tradition probably would never have started.

From there it has grown over the years and Maureen had to back away from it a few years back because it was just too big for her to handle and and keep up with the requirements of her job and life but from those seeds that she planted it has become an event that many look forward too every year.

Many of us have had the pleasure of watching Tyler's progress over the years and knowing that our intervention has been a really big help to the family. Tyler's parents have continued where Maureen had to leave off and a wonderful tradition continues. The really big bonus for many of us was the friends we got to meet and the relationships that have formed. For me one of the bonuses has always beeing seeing Joey's beautiful smile!

If you haven't had the opportunity to share in this wonderful experience you are really missing out so if you can get involved this year would be a good time to do it!

Maureen (Motv8tr) started the whole thing some 9 years ago and worked her tail off to put it all together!

I dont mean to stir the pot/or blow horns here but,it was Spiel that started this whole G2G thing. Years before. Then passed it on to myself,as he couldnt always make it. Asked if there would be any objection to making it a fund raiser,we past it off gladly to Mo, for a great cause.

From back when to now,it,s grown huge,and those that attend and donate is awesome.

Guess I better get busy making my normal donation of spud bars. Time will fly Im sure.

Dont forget yer helmet,and try to get that udder fella Beans to come with ya.

I dont mean to stir the pot/or blow horns here but,it was Spiel that started this whole G2G thing. Years before.

I remember that 1st trip very well Brian and it was the 1st time many of us ever met each other. I used to have a bunch of pictures from that trip but my old computer self destructed and I lost them all.

Some good memories though and nice that the old tradition still continues on.

I remember that 1st trip very well Brian and it was the 1st time many of us ever met each other. I used to have a bunch of pictures from that trip but my old computer self destructed and I lost them all.

Well get yer butt in the Ford and come on over, I don't think you ice fish, but how about being a cheerleader.

My post was just a history for Old ironmaker.

They all have been fun Lew.

Hope you can make it.

Lets hope the ice holds for a March GTG for some pike and HOOTERS.

Edited by Misfish

Another one? LOL

Yes B I have 3 little ones at home.

Next year all 3 will be on the ice with me.

But then I'll have to spring for an sno bear so they don't drive crazy on the ice lol.

Edited by jose