Catfishing..pics

Daplumma

Went out on the boat for some big cats today.They were calling for cloudy and rain so it should have been a great day.Turned out to be bright sunny,windy and clear as a bell.Not so good but might as well give it a try.Just set out the lines and "Fish on"! It was Arts line with a big Makeral head on it but he had a hook stuck in his hand or something so I grabbed the rod.

med_gallery_7_64_43286.jpg

Did not feel like a little kitty and when we got her to the boat we both knew we would need a bigger net!Art took the Boga Grip and leaned out over the side and pulled this baby into the boat.No measurement or weight just wanted to get this girl back in the water.Just a couple of quick pics.If I was pushed for a weight I would say 35-40 lbs.Heres a couple of pics..

med_gallery_7_64_236041.jpg

med_gallery_7_64_40996.jpg

My PB for Catfish,sorry team 6 Its not a channel cat or that would be some serious inches!

Joe

'Bout time ya found the Blues! Ya aint gonna find'em in no skinny water, that's for sure.

Excellent report and pic! :thumbsup_anim:

Catfish stealin' is a "Walk the Plank" ofense around these parts, I wouldnt've blamed Art a bit if ya had to swim home. :thumbsup_anim:

Next time ya get one like that, get a magic marker and put freckles on that baby... the Canucks will never know the difference, that's what I'm gonna do!

'Bout time ya found the Blues! Ya aint gonna find'em in no skinny water, that's for sure.

Excellent report and pic! :thumbsup_anim:

Catfish stealin' is a "Walk the Plank" ofense around these parts, I wouldnt've blamed Art a bit if ya had to swim home. :thumbsup_anim:

Next time ya get one like that, get a magic marker and put freckles on that baby... the Canucks will never know the difference, that's what I'm gonna do!

Dawg,If I thought you wouldn't squeal me out that woulda been a channel cat bro!Just wait till we find the Flatheads downriver!

Joe

Well I was tying on a hook and had 3 oz of lead dragging it into the meat of my hand when that fish struck. It was pulling the tip of the rod down towards the water and the drag was steady slippin out so Joe got to catch the 1st fish of the day. It just so happened to be this great big monster of a fish that had already spawned out. Now for the story that Steve wants to hear....... Well when I saw that fishin thinggy bend way over towards the water I just raised my skirt up and ran towards the front of the boat screaming for Joe to get that ugly animal off my fishin thinggy.... and Yes thats the new boat out their with the radio playing and the twin 318's idling at a low rumble and the gas gauge going from right to left.

Art

Guest Johnny Bass

That is one HUGE catfish! It must have gave you a royal battle!

I though the blues were part of the channel cat family anyways. :whistling:

Now for the story that Steve wants to hear....... Well when I saw that fishin thinggy bend way over towards the water I just raised my skirt up and ran towards the front of the boat screaming for Joe to get that ugly animal off my fishin thinggy.... Art

....LOL, somehow I imagined it happening just like that!

All I have to say is WOW, omg...

Now that is a fish!

WTG

Cheers,

Jen

( so glad it didn't make it into the channel cat category... that one would have been hard to beat)