Anyone have a Lund that leaks this bad...

irishfield

All boats sold in Canada with a Transport Canada placard on them are supposed to pass a level floatation test. When fully loaded to capacity... fuel tank full.. all standard and optional equipment in place and the motor(s) installed. Boat is to be fully swamped and left in the water for OVER 18 hours to release any trapped air in the hull, and the boat must float within 10 degrees of level and no part of the boat can be more than 6" below the water when it does.

Here's another of the same boat.. posted a year ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jrspiVxxkI&feature=share

You should be able to do this to ANY boat sold in Canada since before 2004. The requirement is the same for every pleasure craft manufacture in order to meet TC standards, so I didn't post it for "mine's better than yours". Just to show the hull is only there now for speed and to keep you dry.

Here's another of the same boat.. posted a year ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jrspiVxxkI&feature=share

You should be able to do this to ANY boat sold in Canada since before 2004. The requirement is the same for every pleasure craft manufacture in order to meet TC standards, so I didn't post it for "mine's better than yours". Just to show the hull is only there now for speed and to keep you dry.

"This video is not available in your country"

Lol...

That's an interesting video. With recent events in mind, I have to wonder if that Lund would remain afloat if there were no holes drilled anywhere, but they filled the boat with water.

I'd like to see that video.

HH

I was thinking the same thing. Draining water out of the holes would significantly lower the overall weight. Cool video tho!

It was a 61 and sank at the dock when it filled with water during a torado that blew through the Huntsville area while we were staying in the area.

I would imagine that things have come a long way since then, at least I hope so, I have a 2008 PrinceCraft (which I haven't tried to sink yet and don't intend to) and I would like to think that if I ever did miscue and fill it with water I would have a fighting chance. That 60 hp 4 stroke on the back sure does weigh a lot though and I would think it would take a lot of foam to keep it afloat.

I would imagine that things have come a long way since then, at least I hope so, I have a 2008 PrinceCraft (which I haven't tried to sink yet and don't intend to) and I would like to think that if I ever did miscue and fill it with water I would have a fighting chance. That 60 hp 4 stroke on the back sure does weigh a lot though and I would think it would take a lot of foam to keep it afloat.

I'm sure their boats have come a long way in recent times. I wasn't trying to put down Prince Craft boats as mine was still going strong after 40 plus years.

I'm sure their boats have come a long way in recent times. I wasn't trying to put down Prince Craft boats as mine was still going strong after 40 plus years.

Going back to the 60's weren't they Springboks instead of Princecrafts??? Lots of them red sided cartoppers with the antelope on the side back then.