Gotta luv kijiji

lew

If you ever have something that's big and needs gone, just post it as FREE and it'll be gone within 24 hours! I've done that for old appliances that no longer work, a trampoline and a swing set. Just say first to take it away gets it....saves you a bunch of physical labour and potential waste transfer station charges if it was going there anyways!

If you ever have something that's big and needs gone, just post it as FREE and it'll be gone within 24 hours! I've done that for old appliances that no longer work, a trampoline and a swing set. Just say first to take it away gets it....saves you a bunch of physical labour and potential waste transfer station charges if it was going there anyways!

I find it easier to leave it at the curb with a sign saying $30. Guaranteed someone steals it overnight. :)

I find it easier to leave it at the curb with a sign saying $30. Guaranteed someone steals it overnight. :)

Yeah, but my way, I don't even take it to the curb....I make them come and remove it from my house or yard...LOL

The trampoline and swingset....guys came and disassembled it and put it in their trucks. It worked out perfectly!

Edited by ccmt

bought an almost brand new sectional cough with pull out bed for 250 because the person is an interior designer and was changing their colour scheme lol we had to move it from their basement, but for that price i wasn't complaining

Edited by FloatnFly

Yup the end of my driveway is magic. Put it there the FREE sign goes up and poof like smoke it is gone.

Art

Used to have an old bike that still worked well, so rather than tossing it in the garbage I figured someone could use it so I put it at the curb with a FREE sign on it.

Lady came to the door and said she'd take the bike, but the rims had some rust on them and did I have any better rims to give her.

She got nothing....

Depending on the neighbourhood you live in, during a garbage strike, gift wrap your garbage, put some in the trunk of your car, one or two beside the car, leave your trunk open, then go in the house for a P. That's about how long it'll take for your garbage to be picked up.

LOL with putting things out at the curb.

We put out a couch, love seat and chair; looked out about 15 minutes later and the couch was gone. About a half hour later the couch was back; but the love seat and chair were gone.

I guess the couch didn't fit????

By morning the couch was gone as well. LOL.

Dan.

I have had some real odd calls since I started cleaning up, I follow some simple rules that Kijiji has right in their suggestions.... NEVER give out personal information and meet them in a public place..... I would say that includes the phone number. I just meet them down near the local Tim Hortons to exchange items.

Since I have started my cleanup I have had been joined for a coffee to chat and also had lots of guys that I am glad they have no clue where I live. I have had a few that will send you email after email asking for your address or phone number and seem to just want my address or phone number.... when you hear of robberies etc.... I'll stick to Kijiji's advice.

I have been doing some cleanup and created a yahoo email just for kijiji ing (not your real name in the email or title), then just ban emails for the idiots.... and never give out your phone number. If you call them....

*67 before you dial the number blocks call display on the land line and #31# on the cell phone.

I have had a couple items that just woundn't sell and had dropped the price several times, then I just left if off for a week and put it back at a price jacked way up above the first price and someone will buy it at that price, no offers... just I want it, here's the money, thanks and good buy... go figure.

Edited by mosquito

I've sold a car, my ranger and 2 duck boats, 2 motors...got

what i was asking for and each were the first people to make an offer but the car is another story!

never will I sell a car again! Royal pain!

5yr old car 3500 cert with brand new tires,brakes etc..

I had so many low ballers its crazy! One guy offered me 2000

if id give him my plates and pay the tax...

I've sold a couple of vehicles and my boat recently. All of them had ads placed on Auto Trader, Kijjii, and Craigslist.

I can't believe how many people want to negotiate a price without even looking at the item. I could understand it if they came out and looked first, then wanted to negotiate. I've waited around for people who couldn't get their s&%t together enough to even show up when they said they would. I sold a van a few months ago and the first caller I had, was the one to take it. We did negotiate a price over the phone in that case and he was true to his word. He also told me that he appreciated me being true to mine. He said the truck was everything I claimed it was and he was pleased with the deal. In this case, he was a long ways from me and was tied up with work for a week or so. He said he would take it site unseen for the price we agreed to, but didn't expect me to wait for him. Turned out the others were so screwed up that it just worked out that it was still available when he got back from his out of town job.

I think items of a lower value (under $1,000.00) might be easier.

The best part of Kijiji is that I don't have to haul the crap I'm selling anywhere. You want it, come and get it..

True! Last guy wanted me to drive an hour to meet to sell him a $60 item. I drive a pickup truck, not happening!!! kijiji is great for avoiding that!

Edited by porkpie

True! Last guy wanted me to drive an hour to meet to sell him a $60 item. I drive a pickup truck, not happening!!! kijiji is great for avoiding that!

Why would KIJIJI be the reason for not having to drive out to deliver a sold item?

back in the spring when i sold my 14ft lund tinny,i had a guy drive all the way from north bay and bought it over the phone and it was on kijiji i have bought and sold cars & trucks on kijij and never had any problems just weed out the riff raff thats all...also sold about 5 boats now on kijij its awesome....the worst part is having to use your email,and then you get tons of spam junk mail crap...but its worth it for sure and its free....

Why would KIJIJI be the reason for not having to drive out to deliver a sold item?

Can't explain it. A lot of guys on fishing websites expect that you will meet them somewhere. That's all well and fine if its convenient, but I have been asked on several occasions to go way out of my way for a relatively low value item. It's strange but true!

I finally got the skis I was looking for!!

About a month ago, the guy said the lowest he would go was $300. He ignored my offers at first.

Few weeks go by, notice he lowered his price. Offer again... Ignores it.

Notice today he lowered his price again. Gave an offer, he countered at $30 more.. Deal. Picked them up.

4 sets of skis and bindings in brand new condition. 4 pairs of boots, still in the box. 4 sets of poles, and 4 travel bags/ Everything is in brand new condition.. Would have cost me about $700 plus tax to but new and on sale.... Picked it up for $180!!

LOVE IT!

Edited by N.A.W