Rob Ford being grilled this morning by TO city council

Old Ironmaker

Enlighten us oh Master Baiter as baiting others makes up most of what you do here.

I use questions and make observations. I leave the schoolyard name calling and labelling to others. I never intend to enlighten someone who choses not to be. I just try to make sure those reading are aware of the fallacies in others.

Wrong again.

Many of the questions that need to be answered, you can not, but you do try so hard. ie Drugs, dead bodies, drunk driving, drunk at city hall.

Some of the questions you could answer, you have not. ie What good has he done for the city?

You give yourself too much credit Rob. You don't understand a simple fact Rob and that is that as long as Rob isn't stealing from taxpayers pockets he will have the support of many as they will look past this . And in that answer Rob, you will find what Rob has done for the city . Its the message and not the man. Stop asking questions there Rob. Leave it to credible people whos occupation it is to do so, Rob.

Concentrate your efforts on someone else. I have tired of your pointless barbs, Rob.

It is Rob isn't it?

Edited by moxie

Moxie is turning this in to a big left vs right battle.

It's not left vs right. It's right vs wrong.

You are ignoring the fact the Rob Ford has admitted to partacing in criminal activity while being the major of Toronto. He lied to everyone. He needs help. Everyone knows that.

How can you moxie, or anyone else, possibly defend his actions.

He's a discrace. And it absolutely blows my mind that 25% of taxpayers still support him. And those 25% are trying to make the other 75% feel like they are doing something wrong by wanting him to step down. It's ridiculous.

A complete and utter embarrassment.

And what's with you leaning in to kicking frog so hard? He's contributed more to OFC than you ever will.

Edited by N.A.W

You give yourself too much credit. You don't understand a simple fact and that is that as long as he isn't stealing from taxpayers pockets he will have the support of many. And in that answer you will find what he has done for the city. By any chance does the fact you share the same name with Torontos' Chief Magistrate and current supreme ruler embarrass you? It is Rob isn't it? Stop asking questions. Leave it to credible people whos occupation it is to do so.

Concentrate your efforts on someone else. I have tired of your pointless barbs.

An example of cognitive dissonance.

You are wrong, as a taxpayer and RESIDENT of Toronto he raised my property tax and admitted to being a crack cocaine user and admitted to buying drugs last two years while in office. Is this what our Mayor should show my children to me a resident taxpayer.

Edited by ehg

You give yourself too much credit Rob. You don't understand a simple fact Rob and that is that as long as Rob isn't stealing from taxpayers pockets he will have the support of many as they will look past this . And in that answer Rob, you will find what Rob has done for the city . Stop asking questions there Rob. Leave it to credible people whos occupation it is to do so, Rob.

Concentrate your efforts on someone else. I have tired of your pointless barbs, Rob.

It is Rob isn't it?

You think Mr. Ford wasn't stealing from the tax payer....think again, every time he met his friend/drug dealer Lisi during business hours doing god knows what is stealing or hiring his former highschool football coach as a operations and logistics manager nobody at city hall really knows what he does besides collecting a six figure salary. Edited by lookinforwalleye

Moxie is turning this in to a big left vs right battle.

It's not left vs right. It's right vs wrong.

You are ignoring the fact the Rob Ford has admitted to partacing in criminal activity while being the major of Toronto. He lied to everyone. He needs help. Everyone knows that.

How can you moxie, or anyone else, possibly defend his actions.

He's a discrace. And it absolutely blows my mind that 25% of taxpayers still support him. And those 25% are trying to make the other 75% feel like they are doing something wrong by wanting him to step down. It's ridiculous.

A complete and utter embarrassment.

And what's with you leaning in to kicking frog so hard? He's contributed more to OFC than you ever will.

Yep.

Mayor Ford likes to come down hard on TTC employees and other TO workers for sleeping on the job, texting on the job etc.,

Why doesn't he fire himself for being drunk on the job, stoned on the job, lying on the job, wasting time with prostitutes on the job, making racist comments on the job, coaching football on the job, etc, etc?

I guess it's "Do as I say, not as I do"

He is a unique character, that's for sure, I think some of his backers are swooned by the daily soap opera and his resilience

hopefully Karen Stintz gets the job soon, just for the reason that I like looking at her picture in the paper

I have been very patient on the threads about political issues and I have given some extra latitude here. I will tell you all that you are going to ruin it if you keep with the personal attacks on each other. I have no tolerance for name calling, flaming or baiting. This is a place for you to discuss the issues that are important to you and others with facts, and opinions on your personal view. This is not a place for you to judge others opinions and ridicule there opinions. This is going to force me to either lock posts quickly or start mod Q ing people both actions I don't want to do. We are all intelligent enough to grasp this notion the decision is your alls to make. I will not accept this attitude from here on forward.

Art

Rob might have a substance and/or alcohol abuse problem and with the proper support in place could deal with and possibly overcome it as I and many others hope.

*MIGHT* have a problem ? Dude, he has serious, serious problems and just refuses to admit them and unless he comes to the realization that he has issues and needs help, this train wreck can only end at one destination. The fact that he has a ton of enablers isn't doing him any favours, esp starting with his mom. Have you read the recent police ITO ? assaulting a staffer, possible hookers at city hall, likely snorting blow etc etc..Staffer watching him down a mickey *AFTER* a high school football practice THEN driving off ?

Not to mention giving his buddy David Price a job at twice what the previous staffer got. For doing exactly what ? No one knows….<smh>

where to begin….

Edited by woodenboater

I have been very patient on the threads about political issues and I have given some extra latitude here. I will tell you all that you are going to ruin it if you keep with the personal attacks on each other. I have no tolerance for name calling, flaming or baiting. This is a place for you to discuss the issues that are important to you and others with facts, and opinions on your personal view. This is not a place for you to judge others opinions and ridicule there opinions. This is going to force me to either lock posts quickly or start mod Q ing people both actions I don't want to do. We are all intelligent enough to grasp this notion the decision is your alls to make. I will not accept this attitude from here on forward.

Art

I started to make a post saying basically what you did, not my job. Emotions get the best of us on hot topics like politics and religion to name 2.

I have been a supporter of Robby since he took office. The best reason I could come up with was the fact that he has always been the exact opposite of the typical elected official in this city and more specifically, our former mayor. I will admit that it has given me a great deal of pleasure to watch some of Robby's council opponents squirm under Robbies leadership. Yah, I can be that way.

With all that said, the events of the last few days have brought me to realize that Robby has to go.

I can usually forgive a few indescretions, but Robby has now blown the doors off a few and turned it into a freak show.

Hopefully by this time next year, an individual will make themselves known, who can and will, champion the interest of those who lean to the right.

Time to go Robby....

HH

Wow, what a thread. Everything I have read so far on this board had me believing that I was becoming a member of this warm heartfelt/lend a hand community and here you are bashing each other for your beliefs and opinions. I have never had a good discussion with anyone regarding politics if their views weren't the same as mine. It seems when politics is the discussion that agreeing to disagree while still respecting the other person is not a possibility as proven by this thread.

I will take a different approach....... YOU ARE ALL RIGHT. Yeah, I know a crazy thought, how can all your differentiating opinions all be correct? Because they are opinions is the answer... you can't tell someone that their feelings aren't correct.

The mayor of "my city" has done some really good things while elected. He has exaggerated the savings he brought the taxpayers but the bottom line is there was still some savings overall... I will put that in the plus column. He has also made some extremely poor choices (not unlike many other politicians out there, and no, this is not a get out of jail free quote). It is probably smart for him to get help and to step aside and come back with a vengeance. At the end of the day even his own admissions are only hearsay, they aren't valued in a court of law, but they can be valuable in your own decision. I repeat YOUR OWN DECISION, not the decision that you are entitled to press upon other people, not the decision that you can ridicule someone for their opposing beliefs.

For those of you that feel that using big words (since you're talking about politics) somehow makes you wiser, especially when you typically never speak that way in your other posts really isn't fooling anyone. If your goal was to make your point more relevant I think you have failed, if your goal was to make yourself feel superior and put others down you may have succeeded.

For those of you that commented on what your children will think about the Santa Clause parade and how you will have to explain that the mayor is a crack head. If it is your position to make that parade about crack head mayors then that's exactly what it will be about. If your decision is to celebrate Christmas with your children during the parade, and not make the Mayor a focal point, then that's exactly what it will be about.

I know that Rob Ford is no friend of mine, I do not hang around with him, however I would like to get to know a lot of the members on this board and hopefully build some long lasting friendships with people that enjoy the greater things in life (mainly fishing).However, the people I want to associate myself with are not the ones who ridicule others, as far as I am concerned Mayor Ford can seek help and may be a great guy one day, but for those of you that point fingers and feel that your opinions are the only true or correct opinions out there will have a much longer road to recovery than him and you are definitely not the type of person anyone wants to associate with. Although I was not here when the mayor was voted in I do believe at that time I would have voted for him, his actions are not a reflection of me as a person, however the words written here are. Please keep this in mind

I leave you all with this to really think for a moment. Take a look at yourselves. This community built around fishing is a beautiful thing. The knowledge and wisdom that is available here is incredible. We are all individuals, entitled to our own opinions. Lets leave it at that, no more slander, no more talking down to each other. If you want to post an opinion do so. All I ask is that you post your opinion, we will understand if it differs from others beliefs from what you write, therefore the need to cut them down is irrelevant.

I respect all of your opinions, please respect mine!!!!!

Sincerely,

A new member to this forum - RyanSmith

"Be very careful what you write" Ford sums up today.

I am concerned how an admitted crack user etc.... will affect my children's perception of the Santa Claus parade this year when he goes

by my area. It will become about him and not the enjoyment of the season for children here.

Polls tonight show that 75 % of Toronto taxpayers want him to resign. The other 25 % apparently suffer from 'cognitive dissonance'

or inability to accept reality of truth and needed change of misdirected thought.

Crack smoking Mayor, effect on kids here and Santa Claus parade concerns this Toronto taxpayer.

The only reason children would know about this, is if adults are talking about it in front of them. This is an adult situation that children don't need to be exposed to or concerned with. They will only see Santa and the other floats when watching the parade, just don't bring up this topic in front of them.

I have been a supporter of Robby since he took office. The best reason I could come up with was the fact that he has always been the exact opposite of the typical elected official in this city and more specifically, our former mayor. I will admit that it has given me a great deal of pleasure to watch some of Robby's council opponents squirm under Robbies leadership. Yah, I can be that way.

With all that said, the events of the last few days have brought me to realize that Robby has to go.

I can usually forgive a few indescretions, but Robby has now blown the doors off a few and turned it into a freak show.

Hopefully by this time next year, an individual will make themselves known, who can and will, champion the interest of those who lean to the right.

Time to go Robby....

HH

I'm glad I don't live in Toronto. Afraid that the voters will go the polar opposite of Ford's agenda when he gets booted. It's really too bad, because it was nice to see the people of TO stand up and bring this guy in after being burdened with Miller previously. Politics is getting so crazy!!!!