Great deal on Stanley Thermos

krixxer

I love taking soup or stew out on the ice in a thermos. I have a big polar fleece sweater I wrap the thermos in to help keep it hot longer. If it is a real cold day I can put my sweater on as another layer later in the day...and the sweater is warmed up nicely from the thermos when I put it on :clapping:

Crappy Tire may play games with their pricing but if you flyer watch and are patient you can always get great deals on stuff.

Thx for posting. I'm sure someone on here will grab one of those thermos and enjoy it.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

I've been testing the Chinese one I just bought for 2 days now.

After 8 hours in the freezer water came out at 77C

Just bought a new thermos brand a week ago and did the freezer test. Boiled water to start with and after 28 hours I couldn't hold my hand under the water when pouring it out.

I've had my stainless thermos for the better part of 20 years. Works perfectly as long as you pre-heat it with boiling water before you add your beverage of choice.

I remember the first time I used it, we were fishing Quinte in a tinny. Spray was flying everywhere and with temps in the minus 10 area, I found my brand new thermos frozen solid under an inch of ice, to the bottom of the boat. Had to literally kick it free in order to enjoy my still very much steaming beverage.

A must have as far as I'm concerned.

HH

I have two, the eldest is now 36 years old this month and still works well and I never go fishing without it. The first 15 years of service it was used everyday while I worked outside doing construction work, it has been beat to death and I can't tell you how many replacement stoppers and cups I've went through.

Like someone else said the trick, is pre heating the thermos with very hot or boiling water.

I have newer one that is about ten years old that I haven't used but about six times and looks brand new, got it for Christmas because the giver didn't like the way old trusty looks.

I am a heavy coffee drinker and my first has worked well for me.

I know my fishing reports don't impress anyone so I glad you guys liked the tip

ok now that we all have a nice thermos for our coffee let's talk beans!

Last year my family switched over to http://www.baroccocoffee.com/ , a local place I have near my shop. They import, blend and roast onsite.

I like the Appian bend, rich and creamy and not burned black

.......please tell me you guys don't think Timmy's or County style make make a respectable cup of coffee? Sure we all drink, it but is real coffee?......

Yea we have the same here with snow shovels except we wait till it is snowing and then take our poor snow driving skills and run out to Home Depot. I am thinking we would be better off if we planned ahead and bought thermoses instead and stayed at home with a nice hot cup of coffee.

Art