PB Crushed! Again!!

Rich

Just two weeks later, like a weird dream.. I walked down the river to where a salmon managed to drag me down a hill and into the creek last week, lol.. and there is a big dark fish sitting in the same spot. At first I thought it was the same salmon from last week. He was darting from side to side at the back of the pool agressively feeding on chub minnows. I bombed my #5 Blue Fox at him once, twice, and the third time my reel backlashed a little. Spinner dropped to bottom, and he came from 4 feet back and CRUSHED it, right on bottom! Fish on, whoa, this is no half dead boot. In the jam at the back of the pool for a good while but eventually he came out and laid in the net for me. My new PB brown.

1000628_10152020094022146_1903774574_n_z

Nice. :clapping:

My son is sitting beside me. When told that it was a brown trout he says: "It's not brown. It's the colour of a pickle. It should be called a pickle trout." :wallbash: What can you do? :dunno:

hahaha, i have kids and know your exact feelings. This post had me laughing hard! Congrats on the pb rich! Thats a big pickle trout!!! Edited by manitoubass2

One heck of a pickle trout.

As if it hit hardware on bottom like that

Thanks everybody! I was much more excited in person than this post made it sound, lol

And yeah, odd thing is it's not the first time it's happened to me. It's becoming a running joke now if I get backlash and my spinner sinks to set the hook cuz there's a fish on. Hahaha