"Skipper D" What a Guy!

bassassin

Well many of you may or may not be aware, I purchased lake front property a couple of years ago, so ive been hurting to do some work on it but finances have been tight, since lakefront property aint exactly cheap! Thus, it was just a pipe dream, cue Ron Depatie code name Skip... He reached out to me via pm and said sometimes you shouldn't let money separate you from your goals. He said he would help me clear what would later be a 12'x300' driveway and a pretty damn big building site level and the works for a dollar amount a poor young dummy such as myself could afford! Let me be the first to say they dont make them like him anymore, putting a young families dreams before personal gain... Ron thanks Buddy!

Anyways did i mention this guy uses an excavator better then i use my left hand, and i'm friggin left handed!

To keep in budget he camped out in his camper which was roughing it to say the least. he even fed him self via the assorted gamefish my lake has to offer. In 3, 12 hour plus days he transformed my bush lot into a recreational dream with a stunning sand shoreline with granite breakwall all harvested from the property including something he did for my kids which was a 15' sand, rock free entry point to the water... If that wasn't enough for my miniscule investment he moved at least a half dozen evergreen trees to provide shelter from the neighbors across the bay. Even though he went well beyond what was required of him for the dollar amount I paid he never complained anytime i requested a change or additional work... Once again what a guy!

and now for the pics....

the beginning of the madness...

ewrgeretrf_zpsbfd20eab.jpg

image008_zps7f619ff4.jpg

20131005_125659_zps53de79fd.jpg

20131005_125704_zpsb447f6df.jpg

Skip working the Excavator

Bro after a long day......

20131005_162132_zps202998bc.jpg

Rons piece de resistance a lil entry for the kidies...

20131005_170007_zps5e545c76.jpg

sandy beachfront

1024x768_bestfit_zps19b31206.jpg

Ron perfecting the shoreline....

20131005_162124_zps883e7000.jpg

view from the future building site...

20131005_161503_zpsd53edcf8.jpg

20131005_143626_zps7fcfb50b.jpg

we have about a lifetime supply of fire wood...

20131005_125707_zps058095c0.jpg

I strongly suggest you google Ron or just pm Skipper D...

Once again Ron im indepted to you for what you've done buddy we will be in touch again real soon..

Jason out.....

Edited by bassassin

Seriously... that is awesome! Hats off to the Skip!

Friggin eh buddy, Friggin eh!!!! He's the man! lot of the "elder" members of this fine Board are cut out of the same mold as this guy, it seems like the generations that followed not all but quite a few especially the youth of today put their own needs ahead of everyone else. Thankfully there's still a lot of the good ones left... The work he does is of ridiculous quality and he is meticulous, at a more then fair price what more can you ask for?

Edited by bassassin

When my boat house got destroyed this summer Ron was one of the first to contact me and offered to bring his equipment over here to help me out. I have had the pleasure of meeting him a few times now and it is always a pleasure!

Good job there Skipper!

I've never met the man, but he seems to be a great guy. Not many left out there who will help people achieve their dreams for the right reasons.

Keep up the good work skipper!

Enjoy the property. The kids will have memories that will last a lifetime.

WoW ! all this from a private pm I sent some two years ago . It’s too much but I will say I owe a big “Thank you” to Jason for bragging me up here and the same to every one else who post on Jason’s thread . O’ ps. I’d also like to say, he dose have one hex of a nice spot on the lake up there and if I were you guys I’d start suck’n up .... lol

WoW ! all this from a private pm I sent some two years ago . Its too much but I will say I owe a big Thank you to Jason for bragging me up here and the same to every one else who post on Jasons thread . O ps. Id also like to say, he dose have one hex of a nice spot on the lake up there and if I were you guys Id start suckn up .... lol

Always humble. You're a good man Ron.