Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

As grapes said a couple of weeks ago. Coach Randy has completely thrown Reims to the wolves. He has started every game against the top teams in the NHL Bernier get the softer teams... I suppose when you toss the kind of cash at an unproven goalie you wan to see what he has.. i dont get it myself..
Optimus for Prime Minister.. lol Kidding of course

As grapes said a couple of weeks ago. Coach Randy has completely thrown Reims to the wolves. He has started every game against the top teams in the NHL Bernier get the softer teams... I suppose when you toss the kind of cash at an unproven goalie you wan to see what he has.. i dont get it myself..

Your right,heard the same thing.Reims will be in Saturday I would think. Who's the better goalie so far??I think we all know.Gotta love two good goalies on the same team,but the teams they both play against are apples and oranges different from each other.I'd like to think we all can see that?.

One thing to keep in mind that often gets overlooked is how often a goalie gets pulled.... I stil like Bernier. The leafs defense have put up some serious stinkers in front of him this year and he still have a better GAA than reimer.

LOL,how many teams argue about who is the best goalie???.I beg to differ,but what a good problem this is .

Just look at reimers game against Vancouver he was sensational but when your team doesn't do you any favors by scoring or playing stronger defence there's only so much you can do

This has been the teams problem this year so far.It's only the goalies that are keeping them in the game !(most times)anyways this is what we all know.Smarten up team,and help your net minders!!!lol.

Edited by davey buoy

I think only one of Bernier wins has come against a team with a winning record, came in with a lot of hype at least here anyways for a guy with a resume of 50 career games and I might add not 1 playoff game under his belt.

It's obivious the management team had/have limited confidence in Reimer thats why they went and got Bernier....why they have more confidence in Bernier is a puzzler, The only thing Bernier has proven is that he is human and not quite ready for the hall of fame just yet!!!!!

Great we got another win. But leafs can't continue to give up so many shots.

I call Bull on that..The leafs were outshot yes but go to NHL.com and look where those shots came from..35 of those shots were from zero chance areas (from the boards and the blue line)..Its the way the leafs play.The do very well at forcing it to the boards and the outside..I keep saying it but no one seems to see it..Keep going boys your making the goalies job very easy...Its a different kind of D but its working well so enjoy it

I call Bull on that..The leafs were outshot yes but go to NHL.com and look where those shots came from..35 of those shots were from zero chance areas (from the boards and the blue line)..Its the way the leafs play.The do very well at forcing it to the boards and the outside..I keep saying it but no one seems to see it..Keep going boys your making the goalies job very easy...Its a different kind of D but its working well so enjoy it

I see it. They get outshot badly pretty much every game but they have a winning record. The Leafs could have easily popped in 2 or 3 more goals with the opportunities that they had. Last time I checked there are no points for outshooting your opponant. Go ahead and outshoot us. We'll take the 2 points.