Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Most stats, if looked at in isolation, can be misleading. Or twisted to make just about any argument.

Except for the fact that he leads both Scrivens and Rask in save percentages.. top 3 either are or were leafs..love that stat too.

I call bull on that most of the rubber comes from zero scoring chance zones..... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2::P

Id agree 100% with ya on that but the % leader is the % leader..No matter where the shots come from..The point about being a team that forces the puck to the outside is so your goalie can see the puck and stop it with ease, hence the League leader in save %

wow, that's incredible..

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/11/25/5143786/steven-stamkos-injury-update-lightning

apparently he was walking around the dressing room wearing skates

Thats insane..His bone hasnt fused properly yet, one wrong move and he is done. I wonder why he would take such risks

Probably got a rod and screws in there, Dad broke a hip years ago and they had him up right way .

Oh ya for sure but being the tibia (sp) bone that beast takes all the body's weight one would think he would have to wait for the bone to fuse.. I hear they are using an air cast and a zero gravity treadmill . from what i understand is they have a plastic tube around the treadmill completely sealed off to his hips.. then they fill the chamber with oxygen. He can then run from anywhere from 10 to 100% body weight..Very cool indeed!