Need some creative help...naming fishing holes...

mike rousseau

So I'm running out of names for new fishing spots I'm finding... My fishing journal is getting confusing.... Lol

So I was wondering if you guys would post up some names for spots like... points... Banks... Rocks/stones.... Ripples... Etc...

In all seriousness I will be using a lot of these names.... I'm just not a super creative person....

Thanks...

Waypoint 134.. 135... 136... 137 My lowrance don't give me names...

Thought about that...

With 300+ waypoints I think that would be confusing looking back years later at info....

... Well 3 years ago when the water was 66 degrees we caught fish at waypoint 112... 228... And 301.... Where's that?.... Lemme check my GPS....

Most spots I try to name them based on something I can remember... For example... I have a spot I call "The dead cow"... Because its the closest spot I fish to the dead cow I found this spring...

Edited by Mike Rousseau

The lakes are easy, it's rivers that are tough. Rainy river for example, for years we had a sandbar off a point that was deadly for walleye pre and post spawn. 2 years later and it's all rock now. The river is constantly changing. I find water levels to be the most confusing to figure out year to year

I have fun naming all the coves and structure in the ponds out back. Makes for easy reference points as to where I caught a fish. I dunno what I'd do if I got to 300 waypoints though, lol grab a dictionary and pick random words!