I know a lot of you don't like a stringer,BUT!

davey buoy

These fish were from a week and a half ago ,All were spoken for well within our limit.We caught bigger and smaller,but the mid sized ones got the nod.The activity didn't stop.What a fishery this lake is.Two days this coming weekend,hope everyone has a great long weekend.Weather permitting !

Trying to remember which lake this was?,I'm sure I'll remember. :whistling: ,almost got it lol.

003_zps84854a1d.jpg

These fish were from a week and a half ago ,All were spoken for well within our limit.We caught bigger and smaller,but the mid sized ones got the nod.The activity didn't stop.What a fishery this lake is.Two days this coming weekend,hope everyone has a great long weekend.Weather permitting !

Trying to remember which lake this was?,I'm sure I'll remember. :whistling: ,almost got it lol.

Whats up Darryl Sheets from Storage Wars.

Nice stringer. Of BASS.

Thanks guys,unfortuneatly,I did not keep any myself :( ,But if this weekend is anything close to that,I am guaranteed at least one fish cooked up by a buddy's mom the NFLD way.Not sure what that means but she claims you will not have a better fish to eat.Didn't know they have Bass on the rock?,but what do I know lol.

Edited by davey buoy

I use a stringer for walleye all the time. I've never had a walleye die when it was on the stringer. Ok....the water in my region never gets over 70 degrees F. Other species of fish either go into a large mesh basket (trout) or directly on the ice (landlocked salmon).

However, I no longer use those cheap chain link stringers or even those nice stringers made from chain and covered with plastic tubing because I've had both types broken by very large pike who have attacked my walleye. I now use a strong nylon rope stringer (I think made by Berkley) or the stringer made with braided steel cable. Both types are sold by CT.

A few years ago, one pike almost swamped me when I hung a chain type stringer from the side of my canoe. Luckily, the chain broke....lol. She attacked my 3 lb walleye 4 times. I even managed to pull her out of the water while I was sitting in my canoe but my arm was not long enough and her tail was not clear of the water so she gave a big swing to her tail still in the water and shot out of my hands. She came back about 2 minutes later and broke the chain stringer that was only about 2 years old. She was huge.

It was not actually the chain that broke but the connection between the chain and the clip that holds the chain to the boat.

Edited by Dabluz

Dave,Im thinking a stringer is a good idea. Im getting one for the float tube. It will help getting around.LOL

A stringer WOULD be a good idea, me Brudder. A livewell on the tube would just be tacky. :)