Kawarthas today. It was Tigerriffic

Fished Mitchell this morning and the bite was on. Only fished a few hours and boated 19 bass, 6 pike and a 44-46" tiger muskie. 90% of the action was from 5:15-7:30

Didn't get any good pictures or any girth measurements, but it was a fat tiger. my boat seat is 16" wide and it fills a little over half of the seat.Photo030_zps23355ebb.jpg

Photo033_zpsb60160af.jpg

A video of the release.

http://s787.photobucket.com/user/nlpaintballer/media/Video002_zpsb1a417e9.mp4.html

the video showed how big that tiger really was, the pics didn't do it justice, beauty!

it seems like a lot of tigers are coming out of the Kawarthas now, I'm guessing it's more common when pike recently invade previous muskie only waters???

edit

I don't know why my stuff is underlined, frustrating

Edited by chris.brock

Thanks guys, I wish I had a good pic of it, I would say it weighed between 25-30 pounds easily. It was nice and thick.

Bobogo, yeah I use my pods as extra storage for my oversize muskie lures. I work weekends now so tournament paintball is on hiatus.

I wonder if it was the same fish I caught 3 years ago when it was 43" Same lure, same weather conditions and about 0.5 km apart. If not, that is a crazy population of natural tigers.