Fishing slang

"Greaser", "snake", "hammer handle", "smash"

How bout "look at that thing run" .. kinda funny when you talking about water dwelling finned creatures.

"Setting the hook" sounds more like you're making hooks in a mold

"Bucktail" ... I wonder how many ppl hear that and thing we are cutting off deer tails and hanging them under a bobber? Lol

One my friends always seem to laugh at "a fish just BOILED over there by my bait"

Heh ... actually thats exactly what the original buck tails were ... I still have a few from the first deer ever harvested by my father ... he died the hair yellow and made a bunch of jigs .. there's still some of us 'old schoolers' who believe they outperform all the newfangled technology :)

How about 'birds nest' ... never been too fond of that one (especially when it happens to me or one of my guests) ... 'drift sock', 'cannonball', 'cheater', 'stinger', 'wooley buggar', 'squaretail', 'tail walking', 'walking the dog', 'shooting tip', 'spoon',

'passer moi la pissiore' - pass me the bailing bucket :)

And one of my LEAST favourite ... 'cold front' ...

Heh ... actually thats exactly what the original buck tails were ... I still have a few from the first deer ever harvested by my father ... he died the hair yellow and made a bunch of jigs .. there's still some of us 'old schoolers' who believe they outperform all the newfangled technology :)

They're still made of that hair you know...

'wooley buggar'

not exactly slang ;)

Great Lakes groupers - A.K.A. Sheephead

Hoovers - A.K.A. Carp

Both can be interesting to catch, but not as much fun when smallies are the target?

LOL, dinks to short to measure. I actually had a couple of friends nicknamed dink over the years, I never checked why.