This isn't funny anymore...

danc

Is it not mid April people? I've really had just about enough of this prolonged winter. I was supposed to drive from Thunder Bay to Terrace Bay early this morning but the 6 inches or so (and still falling) of snow has kept me home. The hills on that stretch of hwy are bad enough even in good conditions. I might expect this to happen from December to as late as March, but mid April? No.

My poor lilac tree this morning.

April151_zpsb2aea2ed.jpg April152_zps780ad9e0.jpg

And with another 15 to almost 30cm's in the forecast this week for ya Dan, I'd say you're safe to keep the shovel handy and not worry about the lawnmower anytime soon. :whistling: Nice pictures, looks like Christmas. :santa::rofl2:

Simon - It has certainly been a good winter for your new toy. :canadian: Reminds me of my first winter with my sled. Got out the first weekend in December and finished up at the last weekend of March before the trails were closed. I have not been able to that since in southern Ontario.

Is it not mid April people? I've really had just about enough of this prolonged winter. I was supposed to drive from Thunder Bay to Terrace Bay early this morning but the 6 inches or so (and still falling) of snow has kept me home. The hills on that stretch of hwy are bad enough even in good conditions. I might expect this to happen from December to as late as March, but mid April? No.

My poor lilac tree this morning.

April151_zpsb2aea2ed.jpg April152_zps780ad9e0.jpg

Send it my way, never get enough of the white stuff, still driving on the ice roads to go fishing, just the portages are muddy, as per drifters pics

starting to snow here again and the weather guy is calling for up to 30 cm for areas around geralton to Sudbury.

I had to check the forecast myself (winter storm watch in effect) and that just sucks!! Hopefully this is the last kick at winter and warmer weather up there soon.

And it just keeps coming. I made it to Terrace Bay on Tuesday but getting home tomorrow or Friday could be a problem.

ONRainApril17_art-7-38439.jpg
Heavy rain forecast through Friday

Winter refuses to give up across parts of Ontario.

A series of lows pushing in from the U.S. will bring heavy rain, snow, some freezing rain and even the potential for thunderstorms in some areas.

"The low will track into the region late Wednesday night," explains Mark Robinson, a meteorologist at The Weather Network. "We expect freezing rain to begin in the Nickel Belt, North Bay and Wawa Wednesday night into Thursday morning."

Current models indicate there will be two rounds of heavy rain and snow, along with patchy freezing rain.

"The first round will come Wednesday night into Thursday and the second round on Friday," Robinson says. "Forecast confidence is higher with the first round than the second round."

ONSnowApril17_art-7-38438.jpg
Potential for heavy snow

Cottage country to the Nickel Belt are expected to receive the most rain.

The main area of heavy rain will be through Muskoka and north with upwards of 90 mm of rain between Wednesday and Friday, while Parry Sound and North Bay should receive slightly less at 65 mm and 80 mm respectively.

Kapuskasing could be hit with up to 25 cm of snow by the time both rounds of precipitation have moved through. North of Wawa, up to 35 cm of snow is in the forecast.

Officials warn that travelling conditions especially over western and northern areas, where the snow and freezing rain precipitation are forecast, will deteriorate and become hazardous by Thursday. Untreated surfaces may become icy and slippery.

Send it my way, never get enough of the white stuff, still driving on the ice roads to go fishing, just the portages are muddy, as per drifters pics

I am still sticking to my guns Kickingfrog..............SEND IT UP MY WAY I WILL TAKE IT ALL FROM YOU and before I get crapped on again lol understand we have 1 friggin road up here, thats it that leads in and out of town, when winter comes it opens up hundreds of km of temporary ice roads that leads to many lakes u cannot get to in the summer, send it north boys, 2 years ago we had flurries in mid JUNE, ya baby. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

2 years ago we had flurries in mid JUNE, ya baby. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

The only two months that I haven't seen snow are July and August. You can have it. Can't you just move further north? Somewhere where it's winter all year long?