Hooter

lew

That is one beautiful bird Lew. I had an encounter today too with a Heron. I put the pics in the photography section if you feel like taking a look :)

You're so lucky to be near that wildlife all the time, but it is well deserved bud :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks folks, anyone know what type of owl that is ??

Joey, too bad you don't have your big lens here right now as that bird is still sitting in the tree with the sun beating down on him. it would make a great shot with your camera.

And Bernie, you just never know what's gonna come wandering outta them woods :lol:

Thanks folks, anyone know what type of owl that is ??

Joey, too bad you don't have your big lens here right now as that bird is still sitting in the tree with the sun beating down on him. it would make a great shot with your camera.

And Bernie, you just never know what's gonna come wandering outta them woods :lol:

Damn :wallbash::wallbash:

Well, we'll get out there one of these days and then I'll have a field day :)

so its the Barred owl that does that call? used to hear them all the time in Haliburton while sleepin in my tent as a kid, and no drinking around the fire at night - couldn't ever remember the name, but never forgot the "who cooks for you" lol

Great pics Lew! I have one that could be the sister/brother of yours. Like to use my backyard pine tree to avoid rain and snow... critters are pretty cool!

Unfortunately, my little deer buddy hasn't made an appearance since mid January, although in speaking with a neighbour, I'm told he has moved north a few hundred yards, to the north side of Kingston Road.

Miss the little guy!

9E2E2C30.jpg

HH

Great pictures of the owl and deer, it looks pretty tranquil there, I think anybodys blood pressure would go right down after spending a couple of days there, looks absoutely beautiful.

I was a little upset that you don't icefish very much being a true Canadian and a member of the OFC....LOL..........But if I lived where u live I now know I would be spending a great deal more time in the winter onland :good::clapping: .........Open up a bed and breakfast please and thank you :worthy:

Thanks guys, and yeah, it's always nice having the critters around, infact there were 9 deer in the backyard about an hour ago. I could sit and watch them all day.

That owl moved in about a week ago and spent several days in a tree at the back of the yard, but then he took off 2 days ago and I haven't seen him since. He was sitting in the tree and a flock of crows showed up and started really harassing him. They'd crowd around him on the same branch, squawking like crazy, and even started divebombing him trying to drive him away. I did some checking on GOOGLE and it seems owls attack crows at night, kill them and eat them. During the day the crows retaliate and try to drive him away from their area.

Interesting to watch nature at work, but like Headhunter and his deer, I got used to sharing my yard with the owl and now that he's gone, I kinda miss the little guy :lol:

Edited by lew

Thanks guys, and yeah, it's always nice having the critters around, infact there were 9 deer in the backyard about an hour ago. I could sit and watch them all day.

That owl moved in about a week ago and spent several days in a tree at the back of the yard, but then he took off 2 days ago and I haven't seen him since. He was sitting in the tree and a flock of crows showed up and started really harassing him. They'd crowd around him on the same branch, squawking like crazy, and even started divebombing him trying to drive him away. I did some checking on GOOGLE and it seems owls attack crows at night, kill them and eat them. During the day the crows retaliate and try to drive him away from their area.

Interesting to watch nature at work, but like Headhunter and his deer, I got used to sharing my yard with the owl and now that he's gone, I kinda miss the little guy :lol:

Haven't seen any owls in the ten years we have been up here but we did have a first yesterday...a snowshoe hare !!!

By the time Maribeth told me about it, and I got the camera, it had vamoosed... :oops:

Hopefully I'll get another chance to see it to add to the list of deer, turkeys,foxes, racoons, bats, skunks and bear that we have had on our property...(never saw the bear, only the evidence it left...and they don't necessarily do it in the woods only... :whistling:

Edited by Beans