Its back!!! - nf

jedimaster

Oh yes, very interesting. I have a feeling like the legs will be motivated on Monday night. They darn well better. Like I said before. If they skate and hit, they can score with the best of the league. Happy Leafs fan here.

He ain't no Timmy Thomas. Nice wheels on Garbo. Orr is on chara. Riemer is solid. Nice line shuffle. Effort from jvr. Great play by the team. Less shots on leafs goal would be better. Now they know they can win. Leaders of the team stand up.

So let me get this straight! You two would rather there be a bunch of Nancy's out there skating around?

How about this, if you want figure skating then go watch figure skating and let the men watch a real mans sport!!

Works for me! :w00t::jerry::tease:

Everybody has an opinion and yours does not surprise me, mine is this the guy targeted a players head and took advantage of a fellow player who was in a vunerable position suspension imho was warranted!!! And I will hazzard a guess that if it was Prust who did the same thing to Karlsson you`d be singing a different tune!!!!

Everybody has an opinion and yours does not surprise me, mine is this the guy targeted a players head and took advantage of a fellow player who was in a vunerable position suspension imho was warranted!!! And I will hazzard a guess that if it was Prust who did the same thing to Karlsson you`d be singing a different tune!!!!

Agreed......This has nothing to do with this team or that. It is about respect for other players on the ice. Yeah I know if I want figure skating..... blah blah blah. Great little chest thumpin rant but silly to say the least. There was a suspension to send a message that this type of hit needs to go.you want to watch a bunch of neandrethals on skates go watch the E .Personally I like to see the young stars of the game last more than a few years.

A nice example of respect happened last night when Thornton and Fraser fought.Fraser had his arm caught in his sweater and Thornton just held on until he got it free. Now is that figure skating etiquette or should he have taken advantage of the situation and whacked him a few times? I can tell you this, I still remain in touch with quite a few friends that I played junior with and they had nice careers in the NHL. I also have two relatives currently playing,one in the playoffs and one out. Every single one of them to a man said that was NOT a simple hockey hit gone wrong. That was a guy trying to make the big hit and a statement by taking advantage of a guy looking the other way !!!

Edited by Chance

Your allowed to hit in the NHL but just not to hard. You have to protect yourself on the ice. In a situation like that, let that pass go and chase it. Then on the bench tell you dman if he sends another pass like that hes gonna get a punch in the face.

Agreed......This has nothing to do with this team or that. It is about respect for other players on the ice. Yeah I know if I want figure skating..... blah blah blah. Great little chest thumpin rant but silly to say the least. There was a suspension to send a message that this type of hit needs to go.you want to watch a bunch of neandrethals on skates go watch the E .Personally I like to see the young stars of the game last more than a few years.

A nice example of respect happened last night when Thornton and Fraser fought.Fraser had his arm caught in his sweater and Thornton just held on until he got it free. Now is that figure skating etiquette or should he have taken advantage of the situation and whacked him a few times? I can tell you this, I still remain in tough with quite a few friends that I played junior with and they had nice careers in the league. I also have two relatives currently playing,one in the playoffs and one out. Every single one of them to a man said that was NOT a simple hockey hit gone wrong. that was a guy trying to make the big hit and a statement by taking advantage of a guy looking the other way !!!

With all due respect he HAD to be hit. Have a look at the winger breaking up the middle waiting for the next pass. Its a breakaway without that hit. Did he have to hit him that hard? Who knows, its not like he had a few seconds to think about it..It is what it is..I still say its ignorance to blame anyone but the Dman clearing the puck.

Your allowed to hit in the NHL but just not to hard. You have to protect yourself on the ice. In a situation like that, let that pass go and chase it. Then on the bench tell you dman if he sends another pass like that hes gonna get a punch in the face.

Oh you can hit as hard as you like just not when a guy is vulnerable and there is a good chance of serious injury.

By far, one of the most common sense replies ever on OFC....... :clapping::worthy::worthy: :worthy: :worthy::worthy:

With all due respect he HAD to be hit. Have a look at the winger breaking up the middle waiting for the next pass. Its a breakaway without that hit. Did he have to hit him that hard? Who knows, its not like he had a few seconds to think about it..It is what it is..I still say its ignorance to blame anyone but the Dman clearing the puck.

Sure he had to be hit,however did he have to try and seperate him from his soul ? its called letting up ,players do it all the time.Is every hit a big thunderous occasion? The object of a hit in hockey is to seperate the player from the puck.That was a statement hit plain and simple. As far as how much time he had ,well he had plenty of time to judge the play. Players think at a different rate of speed than the average fan. Ask anyone making the jump from the A to NHL and they will tell you the biggest difference is the speed.Keep up or get out. He saw the play developing and took an opportunity to hammer Eller. I will say it again ,a suspension was given for a reason ,to send a message.

I am sorry but I find it laughable when people put the blame for the injury on the D man.Yeah he put him in a bad spot but he sure as hell didn't force the hit! Let me guess the guy who gets rammed head first into the boards is responsible because he turned his back on the play right? So the league now needs to suspend players who either put someone or themselves in vulnerable positions. i mean what was the poor guy to do he had to at least try and break Eller in half after all the D man put him in that spot,right ?

Once again its all about respect.You see someone in a bad spot back off,do your job,make the hit but let up a little. Too many times we see the talent of the league have an uncertain future due to lack of respect.

Edited by Chance

Subban has no class. Lots of cheap , dirty shots by Montreal. Looks like they have a whole team of small man syndrome. Total domination by Ottawa.

We'll see if there will be any suspensions for those head shots. Oh yeah an Therien is a whining little suck.

I just heard on Ottawa radio that there was a Canadians fan who took off his Habs jersey at the game last night after Subban sucker punched Turris while he was laying helpless on his back.

Montreal radio said that the only statistical category in which the Habs won in last night's game was taking punches in the face. :rofl2:

So after the Sens handed the habs a beat down at centre ice in a line brawl, habs players decided to hand out numerous cheap shots for the final 12 minutes of the game. That's o.k., we'll take a timeout with 18 seconds remaining in a 6-1 hockey game. :rofl2:

Pageau, Pageau, Pageau, Pageau, Pageau, Pageau!!!

Well done Sens fans, well done.

Lots of cheap shots by both teams. Too bad really as it could of been a good high tempo game with a nice show of skill that they are both capable of. Instead it was a cheap shot slap fest . High school girls against grade school girls. Habs got frustrated and tried to play the same game.Unfortunately they are ill equipped in that department. Subban looked like a punk giving it to team mates and then taking a shot at Turris who was in a vulnerable position.Total lack of respect . Hmmm heard that somewhere before. :rolleyes: He will win you games and lose you games all by himself. As far as the time out is concerned MacLean should of been a bit more intelligent and left it alone. He wound up the Habs,had them where he wanted and then could not resist a final parting shot. Do not mistake what happened last night as a true representation of the Habs . They are a great team with plenty of skill. MacClean should of left them embarassed and demoralised instead of throwing gas on the fire and possibly waking the tiger.

Not sure what Turris did but he seemed to be the target all night long. Perhaps a cheap shot of his own or just maybe an easy target. My guess is something was said or done as he was also the target as Georges I believe fired the puck at him right at the end of the game. Not a great idea as those kind of moves come back to haunt you. Leave those kind of cheap antics to you know who

Lots of cheap shots by both teams. Too bad really as it could of been a good high tempo game with a nice show of skill that they are both capable of. Instead it was a cheap shot slap fest . High school girls against grade school girls. Habs got frustrated and tried to play the same game.Unfortunately they are ill equipped in that department. Subban looked like a punk giving it to team mates and then taking a shot at Turris who was in a vulnerable position.Total lack of respect . Hmmm heard that somewhere before. :rolleyes: He will win you games and lose you games all by himself. As far as the time out is concerned MacLean should of been a bit more intelligent and left it alone. He wound up the Habs,had them where he wanted and then could not resist a final parting shot. Do not mistake what happened last night as a true representation of the Habs . They are a great team with plenty of skill. MacClean should of left them embarassed and demoralised instead of throwing gas on the fire and possibly waking the tiger.

Not sure what Turris did but he seemed to be the target all night long. Perhaps a cheap shot of his own or just maybe an easy target. My guess is something was said or done as he was also the target as Georges I believe fired the puck at him right at the end of the game. Not a great idea as those kind of moves come back to haunt you. Leave those kind of cheap antics to you know who

Not a great moment for an otherwise excellent career. I'm sure ALFIE would like that back. I didn't support it then and don't think it was right last night either

Shouldn`t be a problem for you as your Chris Neal does that all the time!!!!

I just heard on Ottawa radio that there was a Canadians fan who took off his Habs jersey at the game last night after Subban sucker punched Turris while he was laying helpless on his back.

Montreal radio said that the only statistical category in which the Habs won in last night's game was taking punches in the face. :rofl2:

So after the Sens handed the habs a beat down at centre ice in a line brawl, habs players decided to hand out numerous cheap shots for the final 12 minutes of the game. That's o.k., we'll take a timeout with 18 seconds remaining in a 6-1 hockey game. :rofl2:

Pageau, Pageau, Pageau, Pageau, Pageau, Pageau!!!

Well done Sens fans, well done.