Its back!!! - nf

jedimaster

The Gryba hit was clean(even Kerry Fraser couldn't screw up that call.) Craig Anderson has been incredible. Great game last night. The Habs neutralized the Sens well. You have to admire Price passing his tooth to his bench and skating back to the net!

Every series so far has been exciting. Got to love the playoffs. Hard to believe 5 months ago, we had no hockey.

Hopefully the Leafs can rebound tonight. Go Leafs Go!

Very frustrating to see the result punished rather than the act. Farance's elbow was an intentional non hockey play when the puck was not present and Grabo doesn't appear to be hurt at the time. The other play was everything the first one wasn't but the player is badly, and graphically, injured. Gryba is suspended for doing his job well and the 2 habs doing their's poorly, and if he doesn't make that play he is not in the line-up next game.

......Gryba is suspended for doing his job well and the 2 habs doing their's poorly, and if he doesn't make that play he is not in the line-up next game.

Here's what I think of this.... it was a clean hit all right :blink:​ Gryba took him out cold :w00t: aiming for Eller's head knowing Eller wouldn't see him coming... which sent him unconscious and hitting the ice, face first :wacko: How cool is that :o

And let's not talk about the blood splat showing on the ice before Eller hit the hard surface as he was falling :wacko: and why I say this... because I was watching the game in HD on my 46" flat screen TV :wallbash:

It was obvious to me that the initial shoulder hit to the head took him out and he was cut even before hitting the ice hard :wacko:

Only shows that Gryba committed himself to taking him out at all cost and to me was a poor decision on his part.... Glad he got 2 games for this :clapping: Next time Gryba will think twice about committing himself to hitting a player blind sided.

And I know what you're going to say... only a habs fan can see fault in this legal hit :rolleyes: yeah call it what ever you darn want... it still was a poor decision to hit a blind sided player like that :o

Here's what I think of this.... it was a clean hit all right :blink:​ Gryba took him out cold :w00t: aiming for Eller's head knowing Eller wouldn't see him coming... which sent him unconscious and hitting the ice, face first :wacko: How cool is that :o

And let's not talk about the blood splat showing on the ice before Eller hit the hard surface as he was falling :wacko: and why I say this... because I was watching the game in HD on my 46" flat screen TV :wallbash:

It was obvious to me that the initial shoulder hit to the head took him out and he was cut even before hitting the ice hard :wacko:

Only shows that Gryba committed himself to taking him out at all cost and to me was a poor decision on his part.... Glad he got 2 games for this :clapping: Next time Gryba will think twice about committing himself to hitting a player blind sided.

And I know what you're going to say... only a habs fan can see fault in this legal hit :rolleyes: yeah call it what ever you darn want... it still was a poor decision to hit a blind sided player like that :o

Agreed ,its called a predatory hit.Scott Stevens made a career of it. These were the type of hits that were responsible for stars such as Lindros etc not living up to there full expectations. Its all about respect and backing off when seeing another player in a vulnerable position.

Agreed ,its called a predatory hit.Scott Stevens made a career of it. These were the type of hits that were responsible for stars such as Lindros etc not living up to there full expectations. Its all about respect and backing off when seeing another player in a vulnerable position.

So let me get this straight! You two would rather there be a bunch of Nancy's out there skating around?

How about this, if you want figure skating then go watch figure skating and let the men watch a real mans sport!!

Works for me! :w00t::jerry::tease:

Edited by muskymatt

From your perspective of never playing the game I can somewhat understand your point of view. However real men ,as you put it, do not take advantage or try to injure someone who is vulnerable,or for that matter gate off on an internet forum concerning something they have no idea about. Leave the hockey discussion to those who have played or are playing. After all I would never try to give you advice on a hotdog eating contests. Go get em tiger ,just two more and ya got the record.

So let me get this straight! You two would rather there be a bunch of Nancy's out there skating around?

How about this, if you want figure skating then go watch figure skating and let the men watch a real mans sport!!

Works for me! :w00t::jerry::tease:

Yep.... as expected.... lack of respect reply from a Sens fan :o just like the fat walrus coach of yours :rolleyes:

From your perspective of never playing the game I can somewhat understand your point of view. However real men ,as you put it, do not take advantage or try to injure someone who is vulnerable,or for that matter gate off on an internet forum concerning something they have no idea about. Leave the hockey discussion to those who have played or are playing. After all I would never try to give you advice on a hotdog eating contests. Go get em tiger ,just two more and ya got the record.

I've played hockey for the last 43 years FYI!

A lot of it was at a pretty competitive level.

I've been a fan that long as well.

I think I know hockey pretty well actually.

Seeing as you know absolutely nothing about me, you may wish to refrain from passing judgment on something you know nothing about.

Now that that is cleared up, I think I'll go have the best tasting hotdog on the planet. Maybe a beer as well!

Very few people like to see a player hurt like that. The league still allows the head to be hit, the new rules, as the currently sit, are that head cannot be the principle point of contact. By the letter of the rules, as brill cream head pointed out, that hit is not worthy of even a penalty.

Very few people like to see a player hurt like that. The league still allows the head to be hit, the new rules, as the currently sit, are that head cannot be the principle point of contact. By the letter of the rules, as brill cream head pointed out, that hit is not worthy of even a penalty.

Exactly!!

NO one wants or likes to see anyone get hurt, that said, and as the majority have said. LEGAL HIT should not have been a penalty.

Note to self:

Don't participate in debates, discussions or anything else with TroutJunkie.

Note to self:

Don't even try to understand muskymatt's reasoning or anything else... he knows it all and nothing else matters..... :jerry::lol::rofl2::w00t::D:P:o:rolleyes::)

I've played hockey for the last 43 years FYI!

A lot of it was at a pretty competitive level.

I've been a fan that long as well.

I think I know hockey pretty well actually.

Seeing as you know absolutely nothing about me, you may wish to refrain from passing judgment on something you know nothing about.

Now that that is cleared up, I think I'll go have the best tasting hotdog on the planet. Maybe a beer as well!

Your comments are all revealing about your knowledge of the game.

Edited by Chance