Your fav Xmas drink

wormdunker

Our Christmas Eve tradition is a punch with vodka. Pineapple juice, orange juice, cranberry juice and a jar of maraschino cherries. Freeze lemon and lime slices with water in muffin tins. If there is some left over it's great Christmas morning if we don't have to drive anywhere after opening presents. :blush:

X4.

Craig have you tried the Silver spiced Captain Morgans. I have not., but I know many travelers who are very happy it is available in Canada now. I will wait to try it with my homegrown mint in Mojitos at the summer at the cottage.

As far as the rum and eggnog goes...don't ever forget the nutmeg either :thumbsup_anim:

Haven't tried Silver Spiced. Regular gold spiced Cap'n Morgan is pretty good stuff though. Will try the Silver type soon.

And yup, need nutmeg in there too!

Sorry about the feet,GF's picture,also her feet :rofl2:

GF needs to mow her legs and splurge on a pedicure!

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

I usually buy myself a bottle of this every Xmas.. It doesn't last long.

rare.png

Now....that looks like damned fine whiskey. I will have to try that. I really like good whiskey. However, if I've had a few too many, I like to start up the next morning with a good Apple Jack (whiskey and apple juice). You can use cheaper whiskey for the Apple Jack.

I stay with Old Mil'wackie' all year. If there was something that I liked better for Christmas, I'd have it all year.

IMHO....It's not about liking it better at xmas Roy..it's about something different to celebrate the season. I only eat shortbread cookies this time of the year too and my sister makes the best. But i would never think of having them in July.

Having been a bartender for the better part of a decade, it seems like my work experience might actually be relevant on OFC for once, lol!

Down south due to the lack of ice (no fishing) & really close to Christmas I decided to share the recipe for my favourite Christmas drink. Caesars!!

1 glass 8 oz

rim this glass with the juice from a slice of lime

then roll the glass in clamato rimmer to have an even coating of rimmer around the circumference of the glass

pour in 1 1/2 oz vodka - preferably "Grey Goose"

Add approximately 1/2 cup of regular Clamato juice

Add 3 medium sized ice cubes

After adding the ice add 3 drops of tobasco sauce

then add 4 drops of worcestershire sauce

Add 1 olive -the type stuffed with a garlic clove

Stir this mixture

sprinkle black pepper on top of the liquids

add a celery stalk for appearance OR 1 of Matt & Steves "extreme beans"

ENJOY

What is your favourite Christmas drink?

No need to use a high quality vodka like Grey Goose when making a Ceasar... mixing vodka with Clamato, Worcestershire, tobacco, salt, pepper etc you wont notice the quality of the vodka at all. If you plan to drink a lot then you will have less of a hangover with high quality booze but the taste will not change much. I see a Ceasar as an aperitif/appetizer...load it up with some bacon, a spicy bean, a shrimp, celery or anything else! Ive even seen them with a full slider burger as a garnish.

I've been drinking Granville Island Winter Ale... it's a hearty beer with lots of flavour, and seems fitting for the season.

Tradition at the Caster house is hot apple cider with cinnamon sticks

Granville Island has some great beer!

I'm old school so its eggnog and ......

sailor-jerry-rum-thumb.jpg

Cheers and Happy Holidays to all !!

I love eggnog and rum but only one or two...the nog doesn't seems to sit well in my stomach after a few drinks. Sailor Jerry is great rum as well!

My current favorite Christmas drink is Wiser's spiced whiskey or lambs black sheep rum with apple cider, a little lemon juice and some Cinnamon simple syrup(just boil some sugar, water and cinnamon sticks until it is syrupy) garnished with a cinnamon stick which is great for stirring the drink.

Edited by B_Dan

Lottsa good drink suggestions. Thanx for reminding me about rum & eggnog. Used to be quite a tradition while still living at home with my parents & 2 brothers. Gonna have to try the dill pickle as a garnish for my caesar(s) tonight!

Merry Christmas to all! Wishing you & your family a safe, happy & healthy holiday.

I like mine on the rocks,but it is christmas so,,,,,

screechlogo-02.png

CHRISTMAS CHEER

Light the fire, hang the stockings and wait for good ‘ole St. Nick.

- 1.5 oz. of Screech

- 3 oz. Egg Nog

Combine Screech and Egg Nog, over ice; stir and top with a sprinkle of nutmeg.

christmas-cheer.png

FYI from statscan:

5.7 million litres — The volume of commercial sales of eggnog in Canada in December 2011. More than 2 million litres were sold the previous month (November 2011). Virtually all eggnog sales are in November and December.

Statscan has a bunch of Christmas stats. Some of the numbers are surprising (to me at least) for a country of 30 odd million people.

http://www42.statcan.gc.ca/smr08/2012/smr08_170_2012-eng.htm?WT.mc_id=twtZ0691