Musky Closer for me

Handlebarz

Yesterday I the chance to get back out on the water with Squid to close out the musky season we met at Subway after making the girl behind the counter blush and then laugh then wonder whats wrong with these two we headed off to Belle River. The weatherman was calling for light NE winds early then changing to N 14MPH then NW 18mph with gusts to 27mph and lots of rain scattered into the mix.

we decided to just troll with the top up on the boat (I know hard core pansy musky fishing) well that's what I call it LOL, I started off running the same program we do every year at this time and it paid off very fast as Pete netted the fist musky with in 10 min of starting out nothing huge but I had to take a picture for some one who will remain nameless that was supposed to come out fishing but lets say he was a "slowpoke" getting back from PQ so we had to make it known to him what he was missing.

sorry about the blurry pics I forgot my camera bag at home

photo1.jpg

Quick pic and it was off I fire off a text and get back from said member that we are cork soakers I guess he was watching Saturday night live at the time

Now we are running again not to long after the same rod goes off Pete does not want it he commented that he was happy catching what bites his line and I could get my own rods so I did quick fight and Pete does another great net job.

Here ya go Slowguy we take another pic for ya then text it away this time I am told "Lose my phone number I can not put his last word here"

photo2.jpg

off we go again trolling along I have the same rod go off again but this time I loose the fish so I am nice and tell Slowdriver we lost another one well he thought that was just plain of "GOOD" Im not sure if he was happy for us or just having a nice day driving home from Belleville? I could not answer that text as I was busy watching Pete net my third musky of the day and at 10:35 so I had to send another text

photo3.jpg

Im thinking that said Slowman was not happy with me as he sent me a picture of pouring rain and transports asking if I was jealous? not sure what his point was we had not traffic around us and the rain had stopped.

at 11:02 I sent him another text letting his know that we had a slow point of the morning as I just lost 2 and got this one

photo4.jpg

I can not put the last text from Slowsupertrucker but lets say he was very happy for us.

I had a awesome day out on the water 4 musky landed 3 got away but we saw them at the boat side all musky went home super fast and ready to eat and fatten up. It was great to have Pete out again but I think he jinxed us as he had said after the third musky I boated he will take my rod if I get 5 musky in the boat well 4 was the limit I guess as they were done.

The wind did as the weather man said it would and by noon all other boats left Pete and I were the only ones left fishing in the 1.5' waves with 2-3' footers mixed in we called it a day and maybe my season at 2:15 what a great year I will try and do a recap later.

photo5.jpg

See Brian it was to rough to be out there anyway you made the right choice by working

It was an awesome day to be out Mike! Brian your lol secret is safe with me lol. Roy I was 0 for 0 yesterday lol like Mike stated I said I would take the 5th fish but Mike decided to long release a couple so he could keep his count under 5 hahahaha

Edited by Squid

It was anawesome day to be out Mike! Brian your lol secret is safe with me lol. Roy I was 0 for 0 yesyerday lol like Mike stated I said I would take the 5th fish but Mikr decided to long release a couple so he keep his count under 5 hahahaha

:D Good friends out fishing...that's the nuts and bolts of it all. Glad you had a good day.

Roy your right I'm sure he was super happy for Pete and I.

Thanks Andrew this was by far my best closer.

Fishindevil I'm sure he had a good reason to work extra maybe he did not want to watch me catch em all first hand???

Brian I'm sorry to slow you down it was not my fault I blame the musky goddess. Hmmm your boat is still going are you free Saturday? Maybe my closer was not my closer.

Rich Dan and Gerritt Lew thanks guys

Pete you had better keep that spot a secret I know I will. It was a great day. Good luck next weekend.

Spincast I'm sure he was a bunch of colours and changed with each text.

Yes I did Phil but I cheated and had my summer gortex pants on to keep me dry. The temps were nice until that N wind kicked into high gear.

Phil it was nothing like you and I a few years ago in the pouring rain 40+ mph winds and then blizzard now that was a cold no shorts day

Yes I did Phil but I cheated and had my summer gortex pants on to keep me dry. The temps were nice until that N wind kicked into high gear.

Phil it was nothing like you and I a few years ago in the pouring rain 40+ mph winds and then blizzard now that was a cold no shorts day

I remember that day well, I also remember we were the last ones off the water that day while we watched a few of our group in fully enclosed tops wuss out :lol:

Bad part about it I still had fun :thumbsup_anim:

Linweir it was a great outing

Troutjunky it was dang awesome we had a blast

Wayne I'm not sayin I'm just sayin if ya know what I'm sayin now go get that door out of the way.

Rod caster it was twice as funny Saturday in reel time just as Brian.

Phil even with the flooded boat frozen hull death leap for the shore blown live well lines and no fish it was a great day. I must say I was shocked when the cabin cruiser left because it was to cold out lol I thought they had the heat on full tilt.

fantastic report...but fishing with the top up? C'mon! I was on Balsam about 2 weeks ago, whitecaps crashing the bow..me and my partner were literally coated with a cm or 2 of ice (as were all surfaces of the boat). We didn't catch as many as you guys, but I dare say our day might have been just as memorable! (having said that if I had a cover I would have used it :rolleyes: )